What's new

Whats next to buy?

Fremen

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal, QC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello folks :)

In my new adventures with my Canon Rebel T1i, I started to buy things required.

I have alot of fun so far and that is what matters to me first :)

Now, this is what I have......and would like to know, in order, what suggested to get. Try to stay in affordable price.....for now :)


My toys:


1 - Canon Rebel T1i
2 - Lens EF-S 18-55 IS
3 - Bag Lowerpro 100w
4 - 4 extra batteries
5 - 16 gig Class 6 memory card

I need a tripod
would love a lens for macro
would love a lens for zooming
filters, wich ones
is body armor useful? I would like to protect my camera and keep it scratchless
remote

These are on my wish list....

ok, what are the top 5 or more that is a MUST.



Thx all!
 
Last edited:
I can't imagine you will need 4 batteries...unless you find yourself without electricity for a few weeks...and do a lot of shooting.

What about memory cards?

1. Tripod, get one.

As for filters, the only one I really recommend is a circular polarizer.
 
I read that a battery was good for like maybe 500 RAW photos...

I have 4 because it was cheap and in pack of 2 :) Better have more than not enough.

Oh yeah I forgot, I have a 16gig Class 6 memory card
 
I read that a battery was good for like maybe 500 RAW photos...
Depends on a lot of factors, like screen usage, flash usage, AF usage etc.

I have 4 because it was cheap and in pack of 2 Better have more than not enough.
That's true :)

When it comes to lenses, I like to recommend that people use the kit lens for a while before buying something new. After you use it for a while, you should have a better idea of what will be the best 'next' lens for you.
 
If you don't know what you want you're not a true photog....why are you asking other people what you need? I never get this. Now asking for recomendations on something you want is different.
 
Forget the body armor. I had it and got rid of it. It doesn't do much except attract dust.
 
Mike,

I went to shoot birds today that around my house, i live at the country, and I know about lens, im limited for that kind of pics.


Scotty,

I asked others what they suggest. I know what I want. I'm asking 2nd opinions or tips. I think this forum is about that no?

And I never said I was a true photografer...so.....I have no problems with that.

I dont tink you started with all the knowledge you have today. We all start somewhere.
 
If you don't know what you want you're not a true photog....why are you asking other people what you need? I never get this. Now asking for recomendations on something you want is different.

This isn't helpful to the guy.

I suggest you get a tripod. And possibly a flash. Flashes make a big difference. On camera flashes are basically useless. And maybe a 50mm 1.8 lens. They are 100 new on amazon and produce AMAZING pictures. Thats my 2 cents.
 
Oh yea...I forgot to tell you what flash to get. Get a Canon 430ex or if you can spring the extra money a 580ex.
 
Tripod. Then lenses (with filter - circ. pol.). And flash. That'd be the order I'd go in (and went in ...). Though my first and current tripod is a fairly sturdy $30 thing, I definitely need to upgrade that next.
 
Go for a flash. I just got my 430EX II and it is an amazing improvement over the stupid pop up.
 
What are the filters that I need?


Thx
 
The filters will depend on what you are shooting and what you are trying to achieve. I'd just start with a polarizing filter, they're especially great because if a rock or something knocks into the lens, it will crack the filter and not your lens! Saves a LOT of money :) And of course, the polarizing in useful lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom