Whats next to buy?

Fremen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello folks :)

In my new adventures with my Canon Rebel T1i, I started to buy things required.

I have alot of fun so far and that is what matters to me first :)

Now, this is what I have......and would like to know, in order, what suggested to get. Try to stay in affordable price.....for now :)

My toys:

1 - Canon Rebel T1i
2 - Lens EF-S 18-55 IS
3 - Bag Lowerpro 100w
4 - 4 extra batteries
5 - 16 gig Class 6 memory card

I need a tripod
would love a lens for macro
would love a lens for zooming
filters, wich ones
is body armor useful? I would like to protect my camera and keep it scratchless
remote

These are on my wish list....

ok, what are the top 5 or more that is a MUST.

Thx all!

Last edited:
I can't imagine you will need 4 batteries...unless you find yourself without electricity for a few weeks...and do a lot of shooting.

What about memory cards?

1. Tripod, get one.

As for filters, the only one I really recommend is a circular polarizer.

I read that a battery was good for like maybe 500 RAW photos...

I have 4 because it was cheap and in pack of 2 :) Better have more than not enough.

Oh yeah I forgot, I have a 16gig Class 6 memory card

I read that a battery was good for like maybe 500 RAW photos...
Depends on a lot of factors, like screen usage, flash usage, AF usage etc.

I have 4 because it was cheap and in pack of 2 Better have more than not enough.
That's true :)

When it comes to lenses, I like to recommend that people use the kit lens for a while before buying something new. After you use it for a while, you should have a better idea of what will be the best 'next' lens for you.

Forget the body armor. I had it and got rid of it. It doesn't do much except attract dust.

Mike,

I went to shoot birds today that around my house, i live at the country, and I know about lens, im limited for that kind of pics.

Scotty,

I asked others what they suggest. I know what I want. I'm asking 2nd opinions or tips. I think this forum is about that no?

And I never said I was a true photografer...so.....I have no problems with that.

I dont tink you started with all the knowledge you have today. We all start somewhere.

If you don't know what you want you're not a true photog....why are you asking other people what you need? I never get this. Now asking for recomendations on something you want is different.

This isn't helpful to the guy.

I suggest you get a tripod. And possibly a flash. Flashes make a big difference. On camera flashes are basically useless. And maybe a 50mm 1.8 lens. They are 100 new on amazon and produce AMAZING pictures. Thats my 2 cents.

Tripod. Then lenses (with filter - circ. pol.). And flash. That'd be the order I'd go in (and went in ...). Though my first and current tripod is a fairly sturdy $30 thing, I definitely need to upgrade that next.

Go for a flash. I just got my 430EX II and it is an amazing improvement over the stupid pop up.

The filters will depend on what you are shooting and what you are trying to achieve. I'd just start with a polarizing filter, they're especially great because if a rock or something knocks into the lens, it will crack the filter and not your lens! Saves a LOT of money :) And of course, the polarizing in useful lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back