What's new

What's rattling?

UpCloseFromFarAway

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I shake my Canon Rebel Xs, there seems to be something loose within that rattles! I just noticed it when a friend dropped my camera from two feet, though it may just be because I'm paying a whole lot of attention to all the little details atm to see if he damaged anything.

Do yours (I guess people with all EOS bodies..) make such a sound when shaken?

Thanks.
 
I think you answered you own question. Take it to a shop. GL
TJ
 
I swear...this thread always comes up this time of the year... :lol:

It's one of the little brackets inside the flash. Pop the flash up and shake it around. No noise. When the flash is down, the arm is just hanging there with no tension on it, so it bounces around.

It's normal. Your camera is not broken.
 
I was told on the Rebel Xt and earlier, it is the little sensor that senses when your camera is in portrait or landscape mode.
 
I was told on the Rebel Xt and earlier, it is the little sensor that senses when your camera is in portrait or landscape mode.

I thought that too, at first...but it doesn't make the noise when the flash is up, so I'm pretty sure it's some kind of bracket or something for the flash.


The point is, they all do it - it's not broken.
 
My flash is up, and it's still rattling. I guess "DSLR noob" is correct. Landscape/portrait mode sensor seems like a logical answer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom