What's new

What's the best gallery you've seen?

philanyware

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not talking about the gallery with the best images in it, I mean the gallery that is most visually appealing and really easy to browse the images - even for basic computer users.
 
Good question,would like also to know that...
waiting with u for answers:D
 
Do you prefer galleries that have a significant graphic design element, or ones that are very simple and let the photos do most of the work?
 
Let's ignore price. I'd like to see the best not the cheapest.
One exposure looks good.

What's the best image size when you click the thumbnail to see the full sized image? Should it be 640x480 so it loads fast, or much bigger and slower loading so you can see great detail?

What about layouts? Does everyone prefer the standard x columns and y rows where you click the thumbnail and open the image on another page?
What other layouts are out there?
 
Phil, I think more people would have replied to your questions by now if:

- you had posted this in the proper forum (this one is a gallery, only for photographs);
- you had started the OP introducing yourself as someone developing a software whose market are people like the readers of this website; and
- you had not included the URL of your website in your signature, which (considering your post history here so far) looks a lot like blatant spam.

Just my two cents.
 
Ok, thanks. I'll try doing those things.
Can you suggest the proper forum? (I thought this one was for discussing galleries too)
 
Can you suggest the proper forum? (I thought this one was for discussing galleries too)
I'm not too sure (I rarely leave the galleries). My guess would be this forum. It wouldn't hurt to check with a mod first to make sure TPF is fine with you doing market research here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom