What's the mod/admin policy on trolling?

Who wouldn't have the urge to report somebody with the handle "unpopular" sporting an image of a jackass on drugs?

Nobody would blame you Charlie. :D

Besides.. I just threw you under the bus in another thread. :lmao:

Reeeallly? Under the bus, huh? Oh well... (revenge is sweet!) :fangs: (will check it out!) lol!

Charlie, you'd get even with me? :eek:

I'm a delicate soul and only did it out of fear for my own well being. You've been around a LOT longer than me. You can take it. :lmao:

And I may or may not have received a prompt reply titled: "The Jackass Crossed the Line" ????
I'm unable to share any other details without incurring more severe punishment.

I think the three of us officially costitute the TPF peanut gallery.

Who wouldn't have the urge to report somebody with the handle "unpopular" sporting an image of a jackass on drugs?

Nobody would blame you Charlie. :D

Besides.. I just threw you under the bus in another thread. :lmao:

Reeeallly? Under the bus, huh? Oh well... (revenge is sweet!) :fangs: (will check it out!) lol!

Charlie, you'd get even with me? :eek:

I'm a delicate soul and only did it out of fear for my own well being. You've been around a LOT longer than me. You can take it. :lmao:

Yea.. but I am OLD and CRANKY (as is my right, being OLD)... so tuck your tail between your legs, and run, little doggie! ;) lol! (and yes... I caught your EMPHASIS on the AGE thing :grumpy: )

I still haven't found the "under the bus" post yet....

It was in the Shooting kids in public thread.. I blamed you for assuming another member is male.

You mean the one about the mysterious person in red who rode into town one day, challenged the jackasses and left with a flourish signing only FF? I saw the trailer and can't wait to see it!

Sounds like a good one.

What is your favorite genre film?

Thanks for your responses so far. The thread that prompted me to ask is this one:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/digital-discussion-q/332708-raw-jpeg.html

To my way of thinking, the members and the thread got trolled there. It could easily have kept going to the point of a frisky fight followed by a lock, but the instigator decided to give it up, and basically admitted to trolling.

I just wonder if it would have been the right thing to do to report the first comments that seemed destined to touch it off and, if so, how that might have been viewed and dealt with by the staff.

Obviously, it's over at this point, and hopefully won't start up again, at least not in that particular thread, but for future reference...

I read through the thread.

The trolling in that thread should have resulted in a suspension or ban of that member. It is abundantly clear that the purpose of his comments were to derail the thread and get a rise out of other members.

There should be zero tolerance for that type of thing.
I loved him. I want him back. Can we un-ban him? He had me at hello.

Oh. So it wasn't something I said after all.

I would also like to point out, that when threads start to get censured, people complain about the forum being "over moderated"
This. I think TPF is more than a little too far on the side of over moderation. Threads routinely get locked just because mods don't think they are sufficiently close to being on topic or something like that, sometimes even when the OP is participating in the change in topic, and other times even though nobody is complaining about the derailment and discussion is being productive and interesting and civil (just not about the original thing).

Or two threads about the same thing, so long as they were not started by the same person or right at the same time, why are we locking those? That's just annoying and micromanaging.

Locking is IMO something that should only be done when people are actually being spiteful at one another or name calling or being otherwise aggressive/hurtful, or headed directly toward that (like bringing up hardcore partisan political ideologies would be a reason to lock, even if nobody has responded in an insulted fashion yet, because it's obviously going to happen soon)

This place can be like high school, all the he said she said juvenile drama.

Chill out people and don't take the Internet too seriously.

Actually I think most people are mature, educated, responsible and social... then they GRADUATE high school, get jobs and join discussion forums.

$39578111.jpg

I have friends too. Emily, Charlie, Jessica, Josh....

I think the three of us officially costitute the TPF peanut gallery.

I think that the forum goes through phases between happy and angry, currently we are in an angry phase, there is a lot if heated discussions and clashing if the titans. Everything spills over into other threads until it reaches its boiling point. At the boiling point usually a Titan or two blows their stack, steam is let off and the forum settles back into a creative happy phase and people venture back into the galleries... Until... the clash starts again usually over a technical point or a simple inability to allow someone the leeway to have a differing opinion.

Once in a while we just need some comedic relief to help the shift back to happy ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back