What's the mod/admin policy on trolling?

I volunteer Charlie to go first. :D
I am ready!!!
tank-2407.gif

You guys need to go to the gym and work off some of this energy. You and your thunderdomes.

You guys need to go to the gym and work off some of this energy. You and your thunderdomes.

:lmao: If wishbone err.. Overread wants a thunderdome, then I stand with the little dog in the funny hat!

Yeah.. I took a vegan (unknowingly) on a survival training exercise.. it is HARD for a vegan to survive in the wild ... in fact, I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been an exercise.. we'd have a dead vegan.

They don't make vegan MREs? ;-)

Yeah.. I took a vegan (unknowingly) on a survival training exercise.. it is HARD for a vegan to survive in the wild ... in fact, I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been an exercise.. we'd have a dead vegan.

They don't make vegan MREs? ;-)
Oh, now that sounds really good!

I think the third post is somewhat significant in that it's the first time I've seen an admin in big red letters posting on here, and it's someone new so all the mods don't even seem to know who it is. There doesn't seem to be much of a presence of ownership on the site.

I think although some moderators seem to post more often than others (which is probably the reality of their lives and schedules) they seem to handle a variety of situations appropriately, but a site with so many members and so many new threads started daily it seems to be a lot to monitor adequately. I wonder if there would be a benefit to have more moderators/monitors to keep tabs on situations so threads are stopped before they go on for pages and get out of hand. It seems to happen often enough on here which might be due to the sheer number of members but it makes for a less enjoyable site to use to be reading threads that get away from discussing photography and degrade into people sniping at each other.

It seems to help as was done in this thread to clarify that the best way to handle it is to report suspected trolling etc. so it can be dealt with accordingly.

Oh, now that sounds really good!

Really? So, like.. you are into suffering, Kathy? :shock: NEAT!

Or were you, like.. being facetious?:boogie:
Have you not figured me out yet Charlie? Come on now! Get your head back in the game.

I am heavily caffeinated .... I am not responsible for my actions or comments... :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

vintagesnaps - Admin do post however a few of the old Admin are no longer with us. Chase in fact isn't just an admin he's the original creator and owner of the site itself, however he's since moved onto other waters and the site is now owned as part of a group of forums under new owners. They are not photographers as such (I think there are one or two in the team that they have at least, I seem to recall one coder is a former working photographer) however they do take care of the sites background running on the tech and advertising front. We do have Teri who has been an admin for ages and is a photographer as well.

Mods are the front line as we are mostly just promoted users so we are active photographers (both working and amateur) and we take care of most of the day to day running of the community side to the site. Threads that get derailed or go off track are a problem on any forum and its important to note that many times they will go off track very fast - a thread that was a few posts can suddenly become a very heated argument in a matter of moments between members. As a result mods can miss things - increasing the team size can help up to a point, but we don't want too many mods otherwise we end up falling over each other in the background as we respond to things.

At the moment we generally feel we've enough mods to run the site plus a few extra in case mods get pulled away without warning.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back