What's the next camera?

EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What camera are you guys expecting from camera manufacturers to be announced? What do you want to see?<br><br>For me, I think Nikon is going to announce the D4X, D7100 and D3200. I'm hoping for a D400 or D7100 to come out this year.

I think there is another forum called thepsychicforum.com for this

What camera are you guys expecting from camera manufacturers to be announced? What do you want to see?<br><br>For me, I think Nikon is going to announce the D4X, D7100 and D3200. I'm hoping for a D400 or D7100 to come out this year.
Why? Are you currently unhappy with your D5100?

Why? Are you currently unhappy with your D5100?

Not really unhappy, but would love some extra buttons and dials. They're very important to me. I like the D7000, but would not want to buy a camera that's almost 3 years old.

The gist of the matter is this then: do you want to take better pictures or do you merely want a newer camera?

The D7000 barely turned 1 year old...... It was released Sept 2010, it's only been 1.5 years and barely.

The gist of the matter is this then: do you want to take better pictures or do you merely want a newer camera?

No, it's not that I want a newer camera, just that I wouldn't buy a camera when its almost replaced. Might as well buy its replacement right?

The D7000 barely turned 1 year old...... It was released Sept 2010, it's only been 1.5 years and barely.

Sorry, I typed wrongly. And by observation, Nikon updates their digital camera every two years.

D400, D7100, D3200, D700 replacement (next year, probably with a D3s sensor)

Sorry, I typed wrongly. And by observation, Nikon updates their digital camera every two years.

Nikon's consumer models are updated every 2 years. Pro models every 4.

Mark

I'm wondering if Nikon is going to release a D300s replacement in the form of a Nikon D9000 with a Sony 24MP DX sensor then come out with a D400 that is a D300s sized body with a D3s type sensor (or even the D4 sensor). The numbering scheme makes much more sense with the DXXXX are all APS-C sized sensor cameras, and all the FF are DXXX and DX numbered.

D400, D7100, D3200, D700 replacement (next year, probably with a D3s sensor)

Nikon's consumer models are updated every 2 years. Pro models every 4.

Mark

From observation, the jump from D100 to D200 is 3.5 years, D200 to D300 is 2 years, D300 to D300S is 2 years.
Whereas the lowest level of models like the D3100 is updated within 1.5 years.
The D1, D1H, D2H, D2HS, D3, D3S and D4 are all upgraded within 2.25 years.

No, it's not that I want a newer camera, just that I wouldn't buy a camera when its almost replaced. Might as well buy its replacement right?

If you just want the newest camera then you don't need to make excuses, or rationalize it, wait and buy the newest one. If you just want a better camera then get what's available now. The D7000 is a great camera, and isn't going to be an ungreat camera because a newer model comes out,, I've been playing with one, and like it a lot, but then again, I'd probably be happy with an old D2X, or D200.

Most reactions

Back