whats the purpose of Instagram?

Why do you need to have it defined? It's a fun photo sharing app. lol

Crap... Now I've had that song stuck in my head all day.

Only just joined the forum here, and quite surprised at the attitude towards instagram in this thread. I've been on IG for nearly two years now, and although there is a lot of seemily crap food/cat/selfie "facebook" type shots on there, you choose who to follow and as such my feed is generally full of really good quality DSLR shots from experienced amateurs and professionals. Thanks to the community on IG and the people I have met at insameets my photography has progressed a fair bit, encouraged me to upgrade from "iphone shots" and fostered a growing passion that brought me to find this forum!

As for the square format, it can be a hinderance, and occasionally I use an app called square ready that puts white bands top and bottom on your pics, which blend into the normal white background on IG and give you an aspect of your choice.

In short I think anything that encourages an interest in photography would be seen as a good thing! IG is very enjoyable, just choose what users go into your feed carefully!

Not withstanding the above comments, that video parody is freaking hillarious!

If anyone wants to C&C any of my IG stuff, @revidabucs mixture of edits, iphone shots and recently nikon P520 stuff

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back