whats this called, how do u do it?

Looks like a multiple exposure. Can be accomplished a couple of ways. All require a motor winder/power advance (film cams), or multiple exposure mode & burst mode (digicams), or software.

For film-
1) hold down the film rewind button on the bottom of the cam and shoot multiple shots.
2) engage the double exposure mode and shoot multiple shots.

Digital-
1) engage the multiple exposure mode and the burst mode and start shooting.
2) engage the multiple exposure mode and click the shutter as many times as you need (if you don't have a burst mode).
3) don't have mult ex mode? You're screwed!

Post processed-
create multiple layers and stack them while adjusting position and opacity to get the effect you want.

This might also work for a digital cam- make a long exposure and move a black card back and forth in front of the lens. Each time you uncover the lens you should get a new image. Have to play with this one to get the timing down, if it would work at all. [shrug]

hth :)

Jim

I think that is just a strob effect

You do that when the room is very very dark or dimly lit, open the shutter to bulb flash a strobe, move, flash strobe etc...

The effect isnt that hard to do :)

Hope this helped

I would have to say it's a digitally manipulated photo using photoshop or some other program. This would be pretty simple to do:

1) assuming you have multiple shots, creating a layer for each position of the gymnast

2) adjust opacity of each image to taste

3) merge down/flatten image and you're done.

Kind of a lame explanation I know.

doxx_IS_malkovich.jpg

I did it full force photoshop...

Your example looks like the strobe thingie

Most reactions

Back