What's this Model Mayhem all about?

Seems like a good place to pick up women and shoot them.

Anyone make use of it? I get the general idea of the site, but from what I saw, the credibility of the site wasn't very assuring. One very popular thread started by a very inexperienced photographer, is about her giving advice on how much people should charge and what they need to work on. I went into her profile to see her portfolio and her... "work"...is being celebrated. I don't think it's a parody account/thread either. The only word I can think of when looking at her work is... "horrible". Like, shot with an old iPhone and edited in Microsoft paint.
Yet people seem to be embracing her. And some of her worst images, have the most positive remarks.

Is this site legit? I'm interested in picking up some models to expand my portfolio (get your mind out of the gutter ;) ) before the semester ends, and I thought this would be a good networking tool. However I'm unnerved by some of the "talent" that is revered there.

You can meet some hot hoes and strippers on there. Thats about the only folk who have ever contacted me.

I think I've looked at it - maybe once, seemed amateur and iffy at best to me. You mentioned 'semester'; where you're in school is there an art dept. that uses models for their art classes? Maybe that would be a resource.

Sharon

No models available at my school.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Are you really saying that you, a photographer, cannot find even one woman that would be willing to model for you?

I think I've looked at it - maybe once, seemed amateur and iffy at best to me. You mentioned 'semester'; where you're in school is there an art dept. that uses models for their art classes? Maybe that would be a resource.

Sharon

No models available at my school.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Are you really saying that you, a photographer, cannot find even one woman that would be willing to model for you?

I'm saying that my school does not provide models.

Most reactions

Back