What's wrong with this camera?

No way thats an SLR. The body is not thick enough for a mirror box.

I'm on my phone so I may not be able to see the full description. I'm apprehensive to buy used because a warranty is very importantto me. I do want a Nikon d3100. So instead of the cliche "what camera should I buy" I guess it's "where should I buy one?" I really want a warranty.

If you want new, try B&H Photo and video at B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders. I used to buy a lot of stuff from Adorama but their customer service has been lacking lately. Keep in mind the D3100 doesn't have an internal focus motor so you just need to get AF-S lenses.

I can't say enough about purchasing gear over Amazon. I've had many a purchase there, and have sold many an item, and thus far have had no negative experiences. Otherwise, B&H is always good too :)
Can you get warranties online?

I can't say enough about purchasing gear over Amazon. I've had many a purchase there, and have sold many an item, and thus far have had no negative experiences. Otherwise, B&H is always good too :)

you haven't had any negative experiences because you are shooting digital.

get a film camera and you can have all the negative experiences you want. some of them might even be positive experiences.

:D

come on, you know you laughed!!!

i buy lots on ebay and amazon.. the important factor with both, is reviewing the feedback of the seller you are considering. don't buy from folks with no feedback, or low feedback.

you haven't had any negative experiences because you are shooting digital.

get a film camera and you can have all the negative experiences you want. some of them might even be positive experiences.

:D

come on, you know you laughed!!!

i buy lots on ebay and amazon.. the important factor with both, is reviewing the feedback of the seller you are considering. don't buy from folks with no feedback, or low feedback.

I'm not worried about neccessarily getting a faulty product. I know how to shop "smart". I wasn't really considering the camera up there because I knew something was up, I just wondered if my gut was right. I've already said this about 1000 times, but the warranty is so important to me. For Example Sears covers accidental. The camera I have now, the clek said I could break my camera in front of them and they have to replace it. And it's covered for 3 years. But it's soooo much more expensive to buy through one of those places. But it might be worth it to be covered.

Check out squaretrade warranties, I've heard tons of good things about them.

Most warranties and extra insurance are a sham. They only give you what the "value" of the camera is at the point that it needs replaced, which usually isn't much with the way technology is going.

Get a S90/S95/S100 and learn everything there is to learn about photography without worrying about lens and their properties. Once you've pushed that camera to the limit, upgrade. I have a couple friends who did this route, my sister did this route, and I did this route. It took me almost two years of lots of shooting to come to the limits of that little camera. Shoots in raw, full manual/ Av/Tv modes etc. You'll spend more time focusing on getting ISO/shutter/aperture/composition correct and less time thinking about what lens to use.

You'll have to get used to convincing people that you took the photos with a compact camera instead of a dSLR as well. Only downside.

It's a P&S - noted in the description.

Also noted in description: "GE digital SLR camera."

The title and general description say SLR but the specs section shows "type: Point & shoot" Either the seller doesn't know what a digital SLR is or he lying to get higher bids.

The quality on the GE cameras is pretty poor. You would be better off getting a good quality low shutter count used DSLR. That's a bridge style P&S

Most reactions

New Topics

Back