Whats your favorite type of Head?

PictureBox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:thumbup: Got your mind in the gutter...lol

3way tripod heads or ball heads? Which would you prefer?

Broke my tripod this weekend...actually it fell off my jeep at 70mph. I've had a 3way forever and was curious on what you guys use and what you prefer. :D

3 way. More difficult to use, but I find that it's easier to get it set the way I want it.

Depends. I've got two with ball heads and one with a tilt/pan head. The tilt/pan is better for indoor or studio work, the ball for general purpose. If you do go for a ball head, make sure that you invest in one with a separate panning base and a friction control (There should be three separate knobs on the head).

Balls. I prefer balls. I can work with balls. I can turn them, and move them, and position them ever so slightly to do what I want when I need to perform to my work to my liking. I can take the head and turn the head and move the head in my hands and when I have taken in my hands the feel I am looking for...I can capture and sieze the moment for something memorable.

Balls. I prefer balls. I can work with balls. I can turn them, and move them, and position them ever so slightly to do what I want when I need to perform to my work to my liking. I can take the head and turn the head and move the head in my hands and when I have taken in my hands the feel I am looking for...I can capture and sieze the moment for something memorable.

So what you're saying is... ball is the way to go? Can ball and 3way hit the same angles?

personally, I have balls...but I don't see anything wrong with a little 3 way now and then.

Damn, I'm impressed.

PictureBox said:
So what you're saying is... ball is the way to go? Can ball and 3way hit the same angles?

Hmmmmm.... I've always contemplated what three way would be like... I need pictures to decide...then I can get back to you on that...

I prefer the accuracy of the 3-way heads most of the time, but ballheads have their uses too.

So I have and use both.

3-way. You can set, adjust and tweak to your heart's content with one way and not affect the others.

Whatever get's the job done!

This is officially the best thread I've read in a looong time!

pssst.... does that fact that I use balls make me gay? :lmao:

I hope we are still talking about the equipment here. Things are getting out of control. The truth is not everyone has ball.

I prefer the road variety.

Most reactions

Back