Whats your logo and why?

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today I have been looking at making a little logo for my pictures, I usually just write my name wiith the (c) at the front of it, but now I am starting to think about my future.

I like simplicity and curves so I came up with this:

2787523993_502dc53d6e_o.jpg

The down side to this is it only looks good when placed right in the center of the picture, which can be distracting to the photograph, however when I start displaying clients pictures on line then I will need something across the center. This logo how ever looks rather sillly when I place it in the bottom corner of my picture for the less distracting aproach like these:

snapshot of my cat with logo in center and in corner
2787535891_d295cc4f0c_o.jpg

2788389930_b44855e4df_o.jpg

So you can see the logo is barley readable in that bottom corner. I am trying to be inspired to create something different, so if you would like to post the logo you use, and what inspired you-maybe it will inspire me and Ill get over my logo block.

Not really a logo per se, and nothing inspired about it... just a basic 'hands off' copyright notice..

Travel.jpg

I don't have a logo, but I have a cool avatar. :)

i think the main issue with your logo is it looks a bit like a stamp. lots of logos these days are very subtle. i would suggest maybe the written font arranged as a rather longer line and then a sort of swirl either right in front of the written part or "under" it.
i'd make you an example, but i'm a bit swampt right now. if you still need help in a day or two, i'd be glad to cook up some stuff for inspiration.... :)

It look's a bit 80ish if that makes any sense? I agree that less is more and lose the 'stamp' effect. If you don't have an official logo already I would simply use your name in an 'official' looking font. Also I wouldn't put in your website - it looks more cluttered plus, if people simply search your name your website should pop up :)

I don't know if this helps or not but...

1. This is what I did prior to actually looking for a designer and purchasing a logo
2589193368_806e4c9faf.jpg

2. This is it now
2776162005_1b80a6904a.jpg

peanuts, good example of what i meant...

Well, a few things you must consider if it is to be a proper company logo is, how it works at different scales AND on diffferent media. i.e. when you get business cards made up, letterheads etc
It may look ok as a faded watermark... but how about when you use it in adverts? stationery? exhibition stands?

If your planning on making a logo 'that lasts' all of these things must be considered.

Creating professional logos is what i do for a living. So i can usually spot a 'home made' logo a mile away (actually brittanys is very good) so if your want to make your own i would stick to the rule of keeping it simple and effective (readable).

The oval shape you have created isn't too bad but i think you should make adjustments. Firstly get rid of the web address, it has no place being inside a logo, and at different scales won't even be readable. If you want your address to accompany your logo then use it underneth the main logo rather than being part of it.
As a 'stamp' watermark the shape works ok... but as a logo it does look dated and a bit heavy imo.... but not bad for a first attempt... i have certainly seen worse from people that have paid for a logo!, so for now its ok, but if you get sucessful seek a pro logo designer.

Most reactions

Back