Whats your studio setup?

It is not often that I need to properly expose a subject at F/22 on a bright summer day in direct sunlight... I find that even with a very low end 200 W/s studio setup, I am needing less light than they give me at minimum settings and I usually end up using the SB-600s at 1/32nd or 1/64th or the SB-800 at 1/64th or 1/128th for the nuances that I need more often than I need the "big guns".

Every photographer has different needs, and I am sure that one day I will wish I had multiple 1200 W/s strobes, but I just haven't run into that need just yet. :)

I guess it's quality not quantity for me. :)

2 light stands with silver reflective umbrellas set 40-45 degrees camera left and right with 2 SB-600s set to 1/4 power each. That's all I needed to get 4 people properly exposed. Now, I need the lead guitarist to stop drinking and puking on the set and I'll be fine! :lol:

I'm not avocating Bowens or something of that caliber. In fact I have a 5 light Strobist bundle I have put together for the occasional outside shoot and for indoor sports. I just think that for the money something a little stronger would maybe be the ticket. Something like the The Digi Bee package from Alien bees or say the Advanced plus 300II from fotodiox.

Plus if the OP decides this is not what they want to get into these will retain better resale value than an unknow brand. Just my 2cents on the matter. :D

Most reactions

Back