What's new

When life gives you lemons... CC Please

tertius

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, I know I posted this in the beginners forum but 57 views and no replies :er: ... so here goes.

...paint that s**t gold.

I took this shot a while back but wanted to see what you all think. I like the color and the composition but you know how that goes.

There has been no PP and the pic is straight out of the camera. May clone out the twig in the pile of rocks but what else do you see or would change?

4487676824_afe7da987c_b.jpg



105mm
ISO 200
f5.7
1/80
 
It's just not that interesting. Also, I don't get the title.
 
When life give you lemons you show us a picture of selectively colored rocks. Great..... :meh:


Dude the picture seems to have a shallow DOF which sucks here because it's just rocks, there is no real "depth" it just looks weird. Also the selectively colored rock just looks meh. Dude the reason no one replied is because this, if I gave you a picture or a stack of hay close up poorly done what would you say? Nothing.
 
ummm when life gives you lemons..you don't get rocks...:meh:
 
I want to hate on this so bad but I love atmosphere <3

4164155760_35dc5207e9_b.jpg
 
First off, thank you for replying!!!

I would rather hear it sucks and how much more boring can you make it than nothing at all. There is no PP work done and there is no selective coloring done. The pile of rocks was just as shot, with that one rock out of place.

Yes I can see how a greater depth of field would change the pic and agree that I should have done so.

The title has more to do with standing out and working with what you've got than actual lemons. And to answer the question, I guess at the store. I only have Real Lemon juice here. :biggrin:
 
Shallow DoF is unnecessary here, composition is useless to critique here because the subject you chose just isn't that interesting. Maybe if you were close up to the orange rock and it had crab on it or something at least.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom