What's new

When the action on the court slows down...go macro!

She is more interested in that basket than Basketball, i think ;)
 
aaaaand? this affects us how? so if you get a brand new mac i7 computer and don't do anything with it except surf the web you shouldn't have been allowed to buy it? who cares if she IS just some mom that wanted a good camera? Im guessing the pictures was taken in America, where for the moment, we still have the right to go and spend our money how we want. I like how you also assume that her "hubby" makes the money and that it cant possibly be because she has a good job with a good income....classy

there seems to be this assumption that anytime someone buys a DSLR, they are automatically "trying" to be a professional. maybe they just want to take better pictures or have a longer range than a point and shoot will get them.
Read what I said again. Did I say she is a lazy stay-at-home-wife? No. I said I've seen this a million times. Those who I'm referring to ARE as I described. Was there implication that she may be another of them? Sure, but your inference is where you got sad about it. Am I allowed to make whatever assumption I choose? I sure am, and I exercise that right and ability freely. It's fruitless to get upset about some woman in a photo, whom you probably don't know personally, based solely on some guy-on-the-internet's opinion. I know, I know, you're anti-negativity and that's fine, but I won't just keep to myself if I have an opinion to share - especially one that isn't really derogatory or presumptuous.

Now let's all just be friends! :)
 
aaaaand? this affects us how? so if you get a brand new mac i7 computer and don't do anything with it except surf the web you shouldn't have been allowed to buy it? who cares if she IS just some mom that wanted a good camera? Im guessing the pictures was taken in America, where for the moment, we still have the right to go and spend our money how we want. I like how you also assume that her "hubby" makes the money and that it cant possibly be because she has a good job with a good income....classy

there seems to be this assumption that anytime someone buys a DSLR, they are automatically "trying" to be a professional. maybe they just want to take better pictures or have a longer range than a point and shoot will get them.
Read what I said again. Did I say she is a lazy stay-at-home-wife? No. I said I've seen this a million times. Those who I'm referring to ARE as I described. Was there implication that she may be another of them? Sure, but your inference is where you got sad about it. Am I allowed to make whatever assumption I choose? I sure am, and I exercise that right and ability freely. It's fruitless to get upset about some woman in a photo, whom you probably don't know personally, based solely on some guy-on-the-internet's opinion. I know, I know, you're anti-negativity and that's fine, but I won't just keep to myself if I have an opinion to share - especially one that isn't really derogatory or presumptuous.

Now let's all just be friends! :)

so..doesn't that mean I am allowed to make whatever assumption I choose about your comments? and comment freely on them without you fruitlessly getting mad about some guys comment on the internet? (this is all totally tounge-in-cheek BTW, and I have obviously way overused the word "comment", which is now starting to sound weird to me because I have said it too many times)
 
Yes, yes you are allowed to make any assumption you'd like, etc.).I'm not mad :)
 
am I the only one here that would LOVE to see the picture she took of those nachos? maybe shes doing a nacho HDR...that would be so awesome! some serious high cheesy dynamic range.
 
Nacho macro HDR??? That might be very interesting.

Nacho-Macro HDR sounds like a Mexican wrestling championship event. "Sponsored by Corona". Or better yet, the worlds most interesting man "I don't often watch pro wrestling...but when I do it's the Nacho-Macro HDR"
 
Did she spend three hours photographing those nachos??? Was it a lifestyle nacho shoot?

You are NOT gonna let that go are ya buddy? LOL.

As for as the late 'theme' of this thread;

Eh, you know what, if someone wants to spend a bunch of money on some expensive camera gear but not take any time to use it to it's full potential, more power to them. You realize if more people buy high end DSLRs, the prices will be driven down and there will be even more motivation to update them and improve on them right?

Besides, it could be her professional photographer spouse's camera, who knows.

As long as she's not trying to be 'pro' without the right tools and skills! This reminds me of a situation the other day. Little sisters band concert, taking picture. I'm just taking snapshots is all, got my 75-300 III mounted, and a hot shoe flash, dialing things in and trying to get good shots. Next to me comes another guy with a DSLR, AND a nice little badge from the local newspaper. Cool! Oh, but he's using a Canon Xti, pop up flash, and I looked over, and yep! The green square, full auto!

I mean more power to him, I'm doing it for free and he's getting paid. But, still, could be worse!
 
Did she spend three hours photographing those nachos??? Was it a lifestyle nacho shoot?

You are NOT gonna let that go are ya buddy? LOL.

As for as the late 'theme' of this thread;

Eh, you know what, if someone wants to spend a bunch of money on some expensive camera gear but not take any time to use it to it's full potential, more power to them. You realize if more people buy high end DSLRs, the prices will be driven down and there will be even more motivation to update them and improve on them right?

Besides, it could be her professional photographer spouse's camera, who knows.

As long as she's not trying to be 'pro' without the right tools and skills! This reminds me of a situation the other day. Little sisters band concert, taking picture. I'm just taking snapshots is all, got my 75-300 III mounted, and a hot shoe flash, dialing things in and trying to get good shots. Next to me comes another guy with a DSLR, AND a nice little badge from the local newspaper. Cool! Oh, but he's using a Canon Xti, pop up flash, and I looked over, and yep! The green square, full auto!

I mean more power to him, I'm doing it for free and he's getting paid. But, still, could be worse!

Im applying at the Philadelphia Inquirer tomorrow!
 
I spy.......a kit lens! She really should have a reflector on that flash if she wants to use it facing up in a GYM. Nice photo of a MWAC and too much money :)

eek.gif
 
am I the only one here that would LOVE to see the picture she took of those nachos? maybe shes doing a nacho HDR...that would be so awesome! some serious high cheesy dynamic range.
If you follow the angle of her lens, I think she's composing past the nachos and capturing her daughter's drawing and I'm pretty sure the girl is flicking her off.
 
am I the only one here that would LOVE to see the picture she took of those nachos? maybe shes doing a nacho HDR...that would be so awesome! some serious high cheesy dynamic range.
If you follow the angle of her lens, I think she's composing past the nachos and capturing her daughter's drawing and I'm pretty sure the girl is flicking her off.

its more fun to imagine she is photographing nachos
 
am I the only one here that would LOVE to see the picture she took of those nachos? maybe shes doing a nacho HDR...that would be so awesome! some serious high cheesy dynamic range.
If you follow the angle of her lens, I think she's composing past the nachos and capturing her daughter's drawing and I'm pretty sure the girl is flicking her off.
The flicking off is for taking a picture of the nachos instead of her!!!!
 
What about the boy behind her? Is he playing video games on that phone, or is he taking a photo of the woman taking a photo? These lifestyle nacho macro shoots are so filled with complexity!!! So,so,so many possibilities!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom