What's new

When the action on the court slows down...go macro!

I think maybe it's a macro for her Foodie blog. "Don't order the nachos here, they don't put any cheese on the damn things."
 
The angle of the lens makes it look more like she was taking a photo of whatever her daughter was drawing and not the nachos.... just sayin'
 
The angle of the lens makes it look more like she was taking a photo of whatever her daughter was drawing and not the nachos.... just sayin'

I disagree. Clearly the nachos are the 'subject' of the photos. The mother is simply following the rule of thirds and setting them at the bottom of the photograph. The daughter (food critic's) review is at the top, but due to the bokeh of the lens (set to whatever aperature is best in these situations) is slightly out of focus, but not so much that the readers of her blog can't make out her analysis of the snacks at the local Jr High Venue.

The added touch of her daughter giving her the finger, AND the easter basket only add to the image. This may end up being a wall hanger. Soooooooo many questions remain.
 
The angle of the lens makes it look more like she was taking a photo of whatever her daughter was drawing and not the nachos.... just sayin'

Dag-nabit, you're ruining the fun!!!!

And I have to agree--the daughter flippin' the bird really,really "makes it all worth it, visually"...
 
Wall hanger? Add some vignette and its ready for the gallery! 4ftx7.5ft wall version, only $1,376,000

EDIT: I wonder why she didn't use portrait orientation.....?
 
Wall hanger? Add some vignette and its ready for the gallery! 4ftx7.5ft wall version, only $1,376,000

Well the only way I'm getting that kind of cash is with a catchy title. I'm thinking "Daughter with Nachos". Or perhaps something more philisophical "To cheese or not to cheese?"
 
EDIT: I wonder why she didn't use portrait orientation.....?

Clearly you did NOT get the artistic memo. Nacho 101 stipulates only horizontal orientation. Only portrait in extreme circumstances or in venue's not large enough to support such orientation. One must not crowd the crispy tortilla and cheese sauce. Like a fine wine they must breath. You my friend have just outed yourself as a nacho macro virgin.
 
It's true...I have three nacho shoots and a chili dog shoot, all booked before Christmas!!!
 
I forgot to advise, for the chili dog shoot - the messier the better!!!!!
 
I forgot to advise, for the chili dog shoot - the messier the better!!!!!

That's cliche. You probably recommended that he turn the camera on an angle. Classic chili dog mistake.
 
It's making a come back! Chili on plate bokeh'ed is also a nice touch!
 
Did she spend three hours photographing those nachos??? Was it a lifestyle nacho shoot?

Let's not start with the "lifestyle" crap again, because then we will have to get into how long the session will need to take her to get good images of the nachos. :lmao: BTW, those nachos would not have lastest that long in front of me!
 
Man...I was thinking chili dog + simple white cafeteria plate from Ikea + Lensbaby Composer with the f/5.6 aperture disc in there and some sweeeeet backlighting....

Too corny? Too cheezy???
 
Ask Mishele how to get her flower effects and shoot the chili dog end-on
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom