When the rain stopped...

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....I went to the zoo.
After a very inspiring Saturday, I had to get out again today. It was rainy, windy, and just plain ugly, but once it stopped, I zipped over to the zoo for a few hours, to spend some People-free time with the animals. I think I just found the best time to go....there was nobody in sight, and I pretty much had all the time I wanted.

Checking things out.

Twolions.JPG

I was hoping to catch more of the fall colours in the back, but it seems that some of the trees there are taking their time changin.

155_5525a.JPG

This is a little better. Got some fall colours on the ground.

155_5504a.JPG

Not sure what it going on here, but the guy on the top left just stood there all the time grunting at the guy flossing his antlers.

155_5532a.JPG

Sad looking guy.

155_5501a.JPG

I really bothched the original shot, but I loved the background colours, so I cropped it. It was destined for the trash.

154_5497a.JPG

so crisp and sharp...great comps!

excellent cropping on the butterfly.

Nice. I really like the second and third. The zoo is one of my favorite places to go. Thanks for sharing.

Second and third top my favourites in this set as well. But the expression on the Gibbon's face is priceless. Glad to see someone who takes advantage of a rainy day, (seeing as I would much rather be inside and staying dry and avoiding the impending storms)

So you did get out as planned. I was thinking about it but fell asleep around 2pm and did not wake up until dinner. You got some really nice images this weekend.

Eric

I completely missed this :scratch: And that would have been a big dissapointment. These are very crisp...nice as always!

Ah woodsac, I'm also seeing it only now ;).
And it is worth the visit, that is for sure.
I'm so glad you kept the butterfly portrait. Cropped as you did, it is really something. Not your typical butterfly pic, and that is what I like about it.

The lioness and the tiger are really nice with your chosen backgrounds for them!

And I like your expression "flossing his antlers" :biggrin: ...!!!

These are awesome Chiller! I really like them all but the last one rocks!

Nice shooting Chiller :thumbup:

:hail: ok.. you get bow-y guy... unreal, chiller...these are just beautiful..the colors are so much better on a cloudy day....
the lions are my favorites, if you can pic a fav among all your shots... just the first one looks like you could have been in africa... they look like they are on guard....watching... unbelievable texture on the single lioness shot..

love the tiger ....he looks ready to devour whatever he can find...( hope not you in the way...but with all your hair, he may think your a cute catch!! ;) )

love the flossing comment too, i had to snicker at it... :D

not a monkey fan...( well the group, yes..just not the critter....) but its a great shot of him...and love the butterfly too... like lafoto said, its so different..that makes it great..... your just really great at this, and you take the animal shots to a whole new level........ :hail: ( you probably dont like him any more than jonmikal,. huh??)

Thank you so much for all your comments and compliments. All are appreciated.
Airic....I really have a hard time stayin inside. If it is nice outside, I have to get out, and the zoo called my name on Sunday. It was worth the trip, cause the place was deserted.
Peanuts... I only live 10 minutes from the zoo. One of the best things to have is a Zoo pass, cause you can go anytime. But rain does not usually stop me . Even the first glimpse of snow, and Im out there
LaFoto...flossing his antlers was all I could think of. Not sure what else he could be doin :lmao: :lmao:
Aprilraven....always love your comments. Thank you for such kind words.

Thank you again for all your replies. :thumbup:

killer chiller shots! neat work :D
#2 and 3 for me :D
that last one totally takes it away.. WOW! love the very simple and minimalistic feel about it... love the composition and the saturation... wow again.. thanks for sharing these chiller :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back