What's new

When your only shot is from behind! C&C

CourtneyAK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
68
Reaction score
21
Location
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken on a sleigh ride, where I could only shoot anything from behind. And there was a guy sitting just to the right of the frame. C&C

Thanks
~Courtney


$horseass (540x344).webp
 
Stand up or something, girl. You took a shot of a horse's ass. :sexywink: If you would of stood up for a minute, you could of taken a shot of the horse's head looking down the snow covered road. It would of been much more pleasing. :-P
If you couldn't get a higher perspective, maybe there just wasn't a shot. Keep shooting.
 
If I had stood up...I would have fallen off the wagon! Then the only good shot would have been my ass in a bunch of snow!
 
lol That might of actually been a fun shot!! :lol:
 
Some times, the best thing to do is to put the camera away and enjoy the experience and the moment with the ones you are with.
 
This was my first day with any type of camera that cost over $100! lol Had just gotten it for Christmas, and was on this sleigh ride a few hours later. Was just having fun with it!
 
When your only shot is from behind! C&C
Most times it is a bad idea and you keep playing over in your head .... if only I coulda been in this or that poistion. But that's not a bad thing because you are starting to consider, with a purpose, about framing a shot. Your shot is an example of what not to do. Don't be discouraged though, use it as a learning excersize. However, there are shots that could only be taken from the rear. Example. Warning for grossed out factor.
 
Maybe you could have tried holding the camera over your head. You could have turned and taken a picture behind you.The tracks in the snow from the horses and wagon might have made a cool shot. Keep at it and have fun.
 
Stand up or something, girl. You took a shot of a horse's ass. :sexywink: If you would of stood up for a minute, you could of taken a shot of the horse's head looking down the snow covered road. It would of been much more pleasing. :-P
If you couldn't get a higher perspective, maybe there just wasn't a shot. Keep shooting.

At least she meant to take a shot of a horse's ass, whereas most of mine started out as self portraits.
 
The sky/trees/snow all blending together in the background is nice, and I like the snowflakes standing out on the fur.
For a shot of the wrong end of the horse, it certainly could have been worse.
 
Lean over the the left a bit, for a side view. At least the horse wasn't taking . . . oh, never mind.
 
That old attage. The lead dog has the better view.
 
Taken on a sleigh ride, where I could only shoot anything from behind. And there was a guy sitting just to the right of the frame. C&C

Was this zoomed out as wide as you could go? If not, you should have, as a wider view would have made the horse a context item rather than the entire subject.
 
Been there and done that, I think I have that exact shot only without the snow. While picking apples this fall. lol. I understand the desire to shoot, sometimes just to shoot.

Some call it wasteful, I call it practicing your trade and enjoying your hobby.

;-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom