Where are the Children? Thoughts?

Mulewings~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Edited photograph taken with an Olympus 410 [point and shoot].
Edited in PS 7, orton effect and added a green tint for aging.

862895911_83dec319ec.jpg

:confused:

I would have decreased the blurred layer's opacity some more to get more clarity in the picture. It might just be that my current monitor's resolution is all wacked up but the shot seems a bit too blurry even for the Orton effect.

Composition could have been a bit more creative as well. Try playing around with the angle that you're shooting to see if you can get more eye-catching results. Try one shot without having any sky in the frame. The sky in this one's a bit distracting for me, at least.

The tree on the left being cut off is bugging me a bit. Perhaps step back a bit to include it more and change the angle a bit to still keep the swings as the main subject.

I also recommend cloning out the patches of grass that are in front of the swings. They're a bit distracting as well and do not help create the atmosphere that I'm assuming you're going for (gloomy?). The front being all shadows and the back being lit up is a nice contrast, though.

I hope this C&C helps some. I would love to see any further shots of the swings that you take. The concept is cool (I hate kids! /evil :p)

After this was shot, the one tree blew down...the weeds in the yard became even more desolate.

It was meant to be 'dreamy and creepy' as was the whole place.

The shot is about 5 yrs old and I probably don't have the original.

:confused:

Thank you so much for your comments, they are very helpful.

I agree with Felix's comments about trying for a different perspective and creatively composing. Dead on with the swings like this will tend to make for a more static composition. I understand that you wouldn't be able to go back and try again, but in general, what Felix was saying is important for future images. Try getting closer. Try getting lower. Or higher. Try from left or right. Try from underneath the swings. Try from in the tree? (LOL, don't fall out!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back