Where Brooklyn & Manhattan Meet...

I like the clouds, the way they add a sense of action to an otherwise unusually tranquil urban scene. The horizon appears tilted very slightly to the left - I'd check the waterline. The hint of afternoon warmth in the yellow reflections is subtle and pleasing. Which bridges are these? Good photo!

Jaemie said:
I like the clouds, the way they add a sense of action to an otherwise unusually tranquil urban scene. The horizon appears tilted very slightly to the left - I'd check the waterline. The hint of afternoon warmth in the yellow reflections is subtle and pleasing. Which bridges are these? Good photo!

In the foreground is the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge in the back.

Thanks for the kind words!

Are these images HDR? If they are, they are done very well.

I like that you left the end point of the bridge in the frame, so that the bridge doesn't seem to go off into infinite somewhere. It keeps the photo grounded.

I don't think the first is slanted, as the vertical lines of the buildings to the left and the right are absolutely parallel to the frame. And if it is HDR (which is what it looks like) it's very nicely done!
I'm not quite as fond of slanted pictures when water comes into play - I always fear my desk might get flooded at any time now ... argh! :)

The horizon might be VERY, VERY slightly tilted, but if so, it's not by much at all. I think the non-parallel lines over the horizon (the bridges) just trick the eye into thinking the horizon must be tilted.

I like the first one, and agree that the clouds really add a dramatic effect to the image. I don't care for the drastic tilt of the second; makes me feel like I'm gonna fall off the bridge, right into the drink!

A jaunty angle works better with people, I think. Here, it's really adding unnecessary drama to a good photo.

I like em both ways. And mad props for good use of HDR...not the usual "look what HDR did" photo. The framing of shapes is damn near perfect. The tower of the Manhattan bridge perfectly intersects the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge, and all the buildings are framed underneath. I would buy this as a poster, easily...

PlanetStarbucks said:
I like em both ways. And mad props for good use of HDR...not the usual "look what HDR did" photo. The framing of shapes is damn near perfect. The tower of the Manhattan bridge perfectly intersects the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge, and all the buildings are framed underneath. I would buy this as a poster, easily...

Thanks for the in depth comment, I appreciate it.

If you are interested in a print of this, you can shoot me an email @ [email protected] :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back