What's new

Where did i go wrong?

What size are the umbrellas?

Fill light is usually on or near the lens axis, or close to perpendicular to the key light.
Fill light is usually set to a lower power setting than the key light (lower lighting ratio).

If a light is at the same power setting as the key light, not on or near the lens axis or at an angle more or less than perpendicular to the key light, it's called a second, accent, kicker, rim, or hair light.

My umbrellas measure 48" across. I should probably get with all this lingo and stuff, I've just been playing with my lights until the picture looks good. I don't even know how to use my remote to adjust the lights, :lol:, i need to walk up to them every time i need to adjust which is retarded since i have the remote.

Check out my last entry on my blog, [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica Neue, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]www.azillian.com , the caption is "Foolin...", then if you scroll down a little bit "McGill at the office.". Both these photo sets we're done with my two Einsteins shooting out of the umbrellas. I think they came out pretty nice.... Constructive criticism is always welcome, let me know what you guys think.[/FONT]
 
What size are the umbrellas?

Fill light is usually on or near the lens axis, or close to perpendicular to the key light.
Fill light is usually set to a lower power setting than the key light (lower lighting ratio).

If a light is at the same power setting as the key light, not on or near the lens axis or at an angle more or less than perpendicular to the key light, it's called a second, accent, kicker, rim, or hair light.

My umbrellas measure 48" across. I should probably get with all this lingo and stuff, I've just been playing with my lights until the picture looks good. I don't even know how to use my remote to adjust the lights, :lol:, i need to walk up to them every time i need to adjust which is retarded since i have the remote.

Check out my last entry on my blog, [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica Neue, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]www.azillian.com , the caption is "Foolin...", then if you scroll down a little bit "McGill at the office.". Both these photo sets we're done with my two Einsteins shooting out of the umbrellas. I think they came out pretty nice.... Constructive criticism is always welcome, let me know what you guys think.[/FONT]

Get a flash meter

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
 
I do not mind the lighting on the face so much. What's more troubling is that totally blown-out lower arm area, on the arm that is holding the comb....we have his body and T-shirt, then the dark T-shirt sleeve, then the half-arm...now THAT looks bad...

Having really "hot" edge lighting on a face has become a big part of the Dave Hill influence...a lot of younger people think it looks cool.

I thought the vector cartoon idea had some merit...it really might look pretty cool!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom