Where do I?


TPF Noob!
Jul 15, 2015
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the best place to find user information on cameras and lenses? I just got my new camera and am totally lost!
Also, I got a Nikon 50 mm f/1.8g lens and could someone please explain what the MA/M mean on the lens? I have tried goggling it and I am not finding anything. I tried the lens but the pictures dint turn out so I must be doing something wrong.
Maybe the user manuals that came with them?

Or, you could get a bit more specific and ask here.
MA/M is the focusing mode switch. M is for Manual-only focusing. MA is autofocusing, but you can override the focusing system's decision by grabbing the focusing ring and turning it. Sometimes in MA mode I will hit the AF Lock button with my right thumb and hold that, then turn the ring and focus manually with my left hand.

In normal, everyday situations, I'd suggest leaving it set to the MA position, and letting the camera focus the lens.
Its not hard to understand. "M/A" is auto focus with manual override. And "M" is manual focus only.

Here is the manual for that lens in case you haven't read it yet.

I'm not sure what you are googling, but when I google there are TON of information about this lens.

Most reactions