Where do you get an older Canon Lens repaired?

marinpic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, thanks for the ideas on macro lenses. I guess I will be saving boxtops for awhile!

Canon will not fix my older ef28-80mm autofocus lens. Do any of you know somewhere I could get it fixed, reliably and fairly?

It no longer autofocuses, and won't go into macro mode.

Thank you!

John

Do you have a reputable local camera shop? Alot of them have good service techs. I'm sort of surprised that Canon won't fix it.

I'm also surprised that Canon won't fix it. They probably don't have parts for it anymore.

A good used / repair shop should be able to open it up and take a look at it for you. As to whether they would be able to fix it, depends on what is broken. If a part needs to be replaced, it's unlikely that they could order it, if Canon doens't make it anymore.

Also, the repair costs would probably be close to or even higher than just buying a comparable lens.

I agree with Bigmike on this. The cost of fixing it may be more than getting a similar lens.

For example, the 28-90mm f4-5.6 III cost less than $80 and if the repair place spend 2 hours and charge $40 per hour .. ... then ... it is better to get a different new lens.

And you maybe even able to pickup a used one around your area or from ebay as well.

Most reactions

Back