where to host huge images at?

AXIS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not really off topic but i didnt know a good place to ask.
Ive been experimenting with merging photos into huge panorama and I wanted to share some with a few other forums.
Are there any sits with file size limits >10MB? My current image is like 87MB...

This maybe a stupid question but i was wandering how one would retrieve images from a site such as flickr. For example after uploading images I accidentally delete an image from my hard drive, now the image only exists on flickr, how would I get the image back in full size and format?

This maybe a stupid question but i was wandering how one would retrieve images from a site such as flickr. For example after uploading images I accidentally delete an image from my hard drive, now the image only exists on flickr, how would I get the image back in full size and format?
For a single image, just open it full size in Flickr, then drag it to the desktop or right-click and choose "Save Image As". For bulk downloading there are 3rd party apps like this to do the job:Flick and Share - Share your Flickr sets with your friends!

Flickr does not allow you to right click images. Only in the smallest sizes can you right click and "Save Image As".

Flickr does not allow you to right click images. Only in the smallest sizes can you right click and "Save Image As".

huh? I can click on any size of mine and do that. (Actually a lot of other people's too, if you felt the need.) Ndancona, I just went to your flickr and it would allow me to save one of your original sizes. (I did not save it just seeing if it would let me).

ok worked it out.....feel like a dumb ass now. I was trying to save straight off the photostream, it won't allow you to right click that way. You have to click "view all sizes" and then save the image in the size of your choice.

Thanks for the help guys!

why would you want to upload a huge file?
Why not reduce it to a reasonable width and upload that for viewing?

Not really off topic but i didnt know a good place to ask.
Ive been experimenting with merging photos into huge panorama and I wanted to share some with a few other forums.
Are there any sits with file size limits >10MB? My current image is like 87MB...
Unless you want them to be able to save the image and make a large print, you shouldn't be uploaded a huge file simply to share on a forum.

A typical computer monitor is usually between 1000 and 1600 pixels wide. So any file larger that that, will either be too big to view without scrolling...or it would be downsized.

So if your intent is to have people view it on their screens, you should save A COPY and change the size to something that is suitable for a computer monitor. Further to that, when you save this copy as a jpeg, you can apply some jpeg compression (lower the quality setting). You can very likely cut the file size down 60-70% before there is any visible difference to the viewer.

Most reactions

Back