What's new

Where to sell photos.

Chris.

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today i stumbled upon www.imagekind.com. Its a place to exhibit, display and sell your photography prints to online buyers. I am interested in it and i think it may be a great place to sell my prints to online buyers. But i am unsure of this. What is your opinion or experience with this site? Would you recommend it?
 
I too am curious about this, has anyone on here had any experience (good or bad) with the site the OP posted?
 
i don't know about the site you mentioned but maybe try this e-book
i found it on the net and i think it's useful
not expensive too:D
hope one day we can all make money from something we like
 
I'm using ImageKind myself. They're cheap, and they recently added a "StoreFront" thingy. Basically a way to un-uglify the drab and heavily branded default place to sell shtuff (and it's free too!). Anyway, you get plenty of control on mark-up, make a decent commission on framing, and their print quality is good (so is their customer service). All-in-all pretty solid. I've gotta go play with that storefront dealy soon...

Personally, I was comfortable with what they're doing and how they're doing it. And that I can send them full-size TIFFs is a plus too, because, I'm just that paranoid about quality (if I spend hours upon hours getting a gigantic pano print-ready, I definitely want the print to be done using as much information as possible).

Of course, no website will sell your images for you. You need to do that by generating hype and marketing your work. Having a website like ImageKind though can streamline the process of selling your prints. Just point people to that URL and you don't have to deal with the craziness of printing, papers, inks, printers, packaging, matting, framing...and so on. You create, they print.
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?

Please keep politics off the site. Thank you.
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?

^^ what Cloudwalker said, please ^^
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?
By pointing that out, you realize you just advertised erotica at a site people may not have thought to look. Way to help your cause there!


:D:lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?
By pointing that out, you realize you just advertised erotica at a site people may not have thought to look. Way to help your cause there!


:D:lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Haha, yeah!

And just because a site allows it - doesn't mean you have to look for it. It says "Mature Content, click to view" on the nude photos - so you don't have to see anything. Some people are into that - a different style of photography.
I think it's a fine site, whatever you decide to photograph.
 
Imagekind allows the exhibition and sale of erotic photos. So basically if you sell your photos on their site you are helping to fund the spread of this garbage worldwide. Do you really want that on your conscience?

Thanks, that pushed me in the right direction, opening my account now.:soapbox:
 
I'm using ImageKind myself. They're cheap, and they recently added a "StoreFront" thingy. Basically a way to un-uglify the drab and heavily branded default place to sell shtuff (and it's free too!). Anyway, you get plenty of control on mark-up, make a decent commission on framing, and their print quality is good (so is their customer service). All-in-all pretty solid. I've gotta go play with that storefront dealy soon...

Personally, I was comfortable with what they're doing and how they're doing it. And that I can send them full-size TIFFs is a plus too, because, I'm just that paranoid about quality (if I spend hours upon hours getting a gigantic pano print-ready, I definitely want the print to be done using as much information as possible).

Of course, no website will sell your images for you. You need to do that by generating hype and marketing your work. Having a website like ImageKind though can streamline the process of selling your prints. Just point people to that URL and you don't have to deal with the craziness of printing, papers, inks, printers, packaging, matting, framing...and so on. You create, they print.


Is there a way to calibrate your computer to there printers so your editing matches there print?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom