Where was I?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why was no LaFoto around for 10 days (not that anyone noticed, but ...)?

sultanahmet.jpg

(Most unfortunate time of the day for photography, noon sun, very bright - but ... that's what I had at the time, coupled with little choice over where I'd be at which given time...)

Oh, your absence was noted!

I really like the composition of this one: so many half circles (the round turrets, the half tree, the little hedge, the arcing water etc), balanced by the pointed spires. It's really pleasing to my eye.

Can't wait to see more pics from your trip!

Was noted? Hmmm. To hear that gives me a warm glow all over :hugs: .
And thanks for not giving it right away (though this is VERY MUCH a give-away pic in itself), so others can keep guessing. ;)

Well, this one seems to be more of a riddle than I thought...
Well, back to working on the other 2699 (or so) pics from the trip then.

it certainly is a riddle - especially for a poorly traveled one such as myself.
I do like it - though I prefer the building alone, looks more fantasy like that way - modern people ruin the effect ;)

oh and good luck with the processing - if it were me it would take -- oh - about a few months to finish ;)

Absence noticed. Nice shot.

I have no idea where this could be, but it looks like our local county offices.

so that was what - 2 days worth of shooting? ;)
*yes I have shot 1100 shots in a day - wildlife centre :))*

Your absence was surely noted!
It's the Hagia Sophia is it not?! (Is it alright to give it away?)
I'm so excited to see more!

Well, invisible is the one who seems to be the well travelled one! He knew, and he's right. This photo was taken in Istanbul. I was in Turkey from Saturday morning, 11 October, until Saturday evening, 18 October (home in the early hours of Sunday, 19th), so this was a whole week of shooting, but I'm into Photo 426 of the first two days alone (and still more to come, night has not fallen as yet in my photos - but then I don't think I ever took as many pics anywhere else anymore than I took in Istanbul). We took a trip down the west coast, visited Troy, Pergamon, Ephesus and other places, went inland to Hierapolis and Pamukkale and ended the trip in Antalya from where we flew back home. It was a group trip. I was not as free to photograph as I would have liked to be, so I had to make do with the situations as they came up and had to try and make the most of them. Little planning. Little chance for repeating photos gone wrong. So they're in the "sieve" now ;).

Overread, I pass them through the quick processing just now - only levels and USM, no more. Some saturation thingies. That must be it. The odd straightening with some, a bit of cropping with some others. That's all. They're holiday snaps. No more. No chance for anything artsy, I'm afraid.

And Tangerini, hey, long time no see: no, that one's the Sultan-Ahmet-Mosque (Blue Mosque), the Hagia Sofia is behind my back (a little to the left).

Nice image :)

Remember the Blue Mosque as being a much quieter place compared to the crowded Hagia Sophia.

No wonder, Alex, since it still is an active mosque, you may walk through, but not walk into the praying area, and you have to go in in socks only, and be respectful. Hagia Sofia is a museum these days, and very (!) crowded. Milling crowds everywhere. And monstrously large scaffolding in the centre, reaching up high into the dome, taking up one quarter of the entire middle. I might show you some pics of the inside of Hagia Sofia (Ayasofya in Turkish) later.

Most reactions

Back