Where was the sun.. ugh

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shoot whenever I can and today was just a gloomy day. Found some fun birds though, although I felt like a sniper on a few of them.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking

1 Juvi Coopers Hawk
Juvenile Coopers Hawk in Pine by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

2. Found another Northern Saw Whet. Sure wish they would perch in better spots...
Northern Saw Whet Owl 11_16 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 Finally found a Northern Harrier perched, of course had to snipe through the fragamites..
Northern Harrier 11_16 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

4 in flight. Of course no light..
Northern Harrier 11_16 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

5 Touchdown!
Great Blue Heron 1 11_16 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

I wouldn't be complaining if these were mine; very nice series. I really like the greenery around the Saw Whet; it gives it more interest than just a plain, out-in-the-open bird shot.

tirediron said:
I wouldn't be complaining if these were mine; very nice series. I really like the greenery around the Saw Whet; it gives it more interest than just a plain, out-in-the-open bird shot.

Gotta' agree! These look pretty good. I've always liked OOF foreground bokeh as a compositional device...always have found it interesting.

Lovely set!! I love the framing in number two and I Looove number four.

Certainly not going to contradict those above, and I pick #5. I even like the title.

I vote for #2. The framing there is ideal.

Reactions: alv
better than I could do. I have yet to narrow down the settings for this, and the sun doesn't seem to help me I wonder if it makes it worse sometimes with direct sunlight. Do you hope for sunny days and then underexpose? I like 2.

These are great, as always!

I like them good work

I agree with what was said, and No 2 is my fav here. Wonderful shot in my opinion.

Even though the owl did not perch where you wanted him too, I still like the shot as is. It's different and interesting.

Last edited:
Loving 2 also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back