What's new

Where we had lunch on Sunday....HDR's

Roger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,579
Reaction score
0
Location
Avoca Beach, NSW, Australia.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We went to a friends house for lunch on Sunday, never been there before and the light was very contrasty being the middle of the day, hence the HDR treatment. All three exposures 2 stops apart, processed in Photmatix Pro.
1
346593039_48TPm-L.jpg

2
346593100_VK5yz-L.jpg

3
346592837_Lvx9S-L.jpg

4
346592781_PRgBF-L.jpg
 
the last one looks as if white balance was off. strange green.

the first one does not really look too HDR-ish (intense tonmapping). Hence I do like it, very decent job I would say.

Nice house by the way :)
 
thanks for commenting Alex, I wanted to keep them as realistic as possible due to the subject.....you could be right about the WB on the last shot, tricky with all that green :)....it is a wonderful house with a huge outdoor eating area upstairs. The original stone dwelling below where the wooden shutters are dates from 600AD...the owners husband found a Roman fireplace in a field and had it installed in the newer extensions.....which also in a previous life was a nunnery.
 
also, it looks not like in an overpopulated area! :)
 
Alex I live in the Friuli-Venetzia-Giluia region of northern Italy, it is sparsely populated in between the major cities, with lots of country area situated between the mountains and the sea....a beautiful place. I find it more interesting and diverse than Tuscany or Umbria....they are nice places too though lol.
 
That's how I believe HDR should be done...not too cartoony. Good job.
 
Italy is one of those places I am definitely going to visit before I die. Even ordinary places look great. Nice captures mate.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom