Which books

Boutte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BelleChasse La. (About ten miles south of New Orle
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
would you recommend? I'm not a complete beginner to photography but I have'nt done much since back in the 80's. Of course this means I have virtually no experience with digital photography.

I figure a couple of books to help me get started would be good. Maybe about photography techniques and and maybe something a little more technical. Any help would be apreciated.

(I did a search but didn't find much on this topic.)

Almost every single person here will recommend "Understanding Exposure", by Brian Peterson.

I don't have it, and have never read it, but - it's recommended so much that I cannot get the title or author out of my head...lol.

Though I haven't read it, with so many recommendations, it can't be bad.

Almost every single person here will recommend "Understanding Exposure", by Brian Peterson.

I don't have it, and have never read it, but - it's recommended so much that I cannot get the title or author out of my head...lol.

Not just here either. I've asked this question in forums.

Another one I see a lot is-
The Betterphoto Guide to Digital Photography (Amphoto Guide Series) - Jim Miotke; Paperback

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LOL. But, be sure and spell his name properly: Bryan.

I also find his book "Learning To See Creatively".

Boutte,

For technical info, your best resource is the Internet. Start here. Wikipedia is a good source too.

You'll also need some texts on using image editing software but they are software specific and I recommend www.amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Magic Lantern Guides multimedia workshop Helped me tremendesly. Buy the one specificly for your camera. Comes with a dvd to explain all the features of your camera and a dvd on digital photography basics. Only cost around 29 dollars.
Dan

A good technical book is - Fundamentals Of Photography [the essential handbook for both digital & film cameras] by Tom Ang

Most reactions

Back