Which brand of 3rd party lenses for Nikon D60?

avilamillar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i was just wondering which 3rd party lenses brand should i buy. the lens im looking for are: 17-50mm or 18-50mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8

thanks! :)

Other than Nikon / Nikkor lenses, there are several mfg's who make aftermarket Nikon mount lenses - Tamron and Sigma come to mind as the best ones, but that also depends entirely upon the specific lens you are considering.

Some Tokina lenses might be included with the names above, but almost any other brand name that I can think of, I would stay away from. You can buy them for cheap, but that also reflects the resale value you will get when YOU wish to sell it.

Problem is, that with the D60 body you have, you will have to have a lens that has an autofocus motor built into the lens, which will limit you in terms of the lenses, and mfg's that you can choose from. Unless you don't mind a lens that you have to manually focus 100% of the time you use it on your D60...

Last edited:
Problem is, that with the D60 body you have, you will have to have a lens that has an autofocus motor built into the lens, which will limit you in terms of the lenses, and mfg's that you can choose from. Unless you don't mind a lens that you have to manually focus 100% of the time you use it on your D60...

+1. (do they do that on this forum?)

He's right. This is the main thing you'll have to worry about. You shouldnt worry about which "brand" is best. More about which lens from the third party brand will fit you best. The main third party lenses I usually look for are: Sigma, Tokina, and Tamron.

The Tamron 17-50 is a great lens by the way.

Oh ok i think the lenses im looking for they all have the internal focus motor.

and for example which will be better:

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 or Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 or sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Tamron 90mm f/2.8 or Sigma 105mm f/2.8

I think I've heard the Sigma 70-200 is slightly better. I believe the edges and corners are sharper than the Tamron one.

Not sure about the other 2 sorry!

Oh ok i think the lenses im looking for they all have the internal focus motor.

and for example which will be better:

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 or Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 or sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Tamron 90mm f/2.8 or Sigma 105mm f/2.8

I have no knowledege of all the lenses. Ive heard the 17-50 is a great lens. But the best thing to do is search up reviews and compare whats best for yourself because theres a slim chance some one will post that has used all these lenses.

Most reactions

Back