Which camera do I start with?

I think all of the "brandists" are giving too much credit to the equipment and not enough to themselves. But fine, if they don't want to acknowledge themselves as quality photographers, then thats their problem :)

SrBiscuit, please pass the popcorn over here too!

I'm not good, my camera is good.

oh i disagree...you are the BEST. period.

You guys want to start a cult? It'll be like "The Pact", except it'll be "The Cult". I want to be the leader. I promise there will be no Kool Aid or handguns involved.

what are the cult leader's beliefs?
how much money do you need?
where do i sign up?
what time does Xenu come to get us?

depends on your budget, I would go either with nikon or canon slr but there are cheaper options like pentax etc.

I promise there will be no Kool Aid or handguns involved.
Well where's the fun in that?!?! (j/k)

I'm a digital guy and with the way that things seem to be going, especially with medium format digital backs becoming better and better, I truly believe that film will work it's way out of the picture in time.

As for the brand debate... I'm a Nikon Guy, and there are many people like me. There are Canon guys. You'll even meet Sony and Pentax guys. There are girls to and many may be brand loyal, but for some reason they seem to be far less vocal in the brand debates, perhaps a testosterone thing...

Research features and get out there holding the cameras. You'll find that some work for you and others don't. And if you get the chance, rent a couple of them for a local store if it's possible and see what YOU like. None of us are going to be using it so our opinions on our favorites aren't worth as much as you might hope. Though it would be cool if you post up some pics when you do decide, just to give us something to C&C. And then we'll start talking about how right we were if you end up with the brand that we happen to like ourselves. :)

Most reactions

Back