Which camera is more suitable for me?

secretpact

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a Canon Powershot G10, and I really like it a lot. But I am just a beginner photographer and I don't really know how to use all the manual functions. I was thinking of returning it and buying a Samsung NV24HD instead. The NV24HD can record HD video, which is a huge plus for me.

The NV24HD is much cheaper than the G10. I really want to keep my G10, but I don't know if I can justify the price difference. Are the G10's pictures THAT much higher quality than the NV24HDs?

Please let me know any opinions any of you have. Thank you.

If you want to get into actual photography, the learning of composition, exposure, and camera settings, the Samsung won't do you any good. There's no aperture or shutter priority mode or manual mode that I can see.

If you want to do photography, you need those modes. Automode leaves no creativity and no thought. If you want it for snapshots at birthday parties or shots on vacation for memories, I'm sure it would be fine.

That's my opinion.

Honestly only you can decide - personally though I would give it a good two weeks using the G10 as much as you can - get used to the camera, its layout, it settings and so forth.
Any new camera is going to take a while to get used to, especially when starting out, and to get the best will take time to achive. See how you feel after a little more time.
As for the video - consider truly how much you will or will not use the feature - if you think it will only be used once or twice then chances are you don't really need it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back