which camera should i buy? plz help!

tven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read many reviews on the net of many cameras. But i'm too confused which one to buy? I thought this is the best place where i can get good options about which cam to buy!

I'm looking for a DIGITAL CAMERA in the range $200 - $400 with shutter speed and aperture control. A cam which can click awesome night landscapes and overall shuold have great picture quality.
IF a good SLR is within that range would like to know about it as well :)

It really depends on what you intend on shooting. However, if you are looking for a dSLR in that price range, a used Canon EOS D20 or D30 would be a couple good choices to start and grow with. Both are capable of excellent results. Of course, I'm biased as I own Canon cameras. ;) Maybe a Nikon guy can list a few good choices in that range for you made by them.

Just a suggestion. Do some research and narrow down your options, then come back and ask us to help you decide between a few options. It's considered bad form to come to a forum like this and ask people to essentially do research for you. Also keep in mind that, afaik, there are no new DSLR's in your price range. At least, no canon or nikon's anyway. An entry level DSLR with kit lens is going to fall in the $500-$600 range.

It really depends on what you intend on shooting. However, if you are looking for a dSLR in that price range, a used Canon EOS D20 or D30 would be a couple good choices to start and grow with. Both are capable of excellent results. Of course, I'm biased as I own Canon cameras. ;) Maybe a Nikon guy can list a few good choices in that range for you made by them.

There is not a "Canon D20".

Just a suggestion. Do some research and narrow down your options, then come back and ask us to help you decide between a few options. It's considered bad form to come to a forum like this and ask people to essentially do research for you. Also keep in mind that, afaik, there are no new DSLR's in your price range. At least, no canon or nikon's anyway. An entry level DSLR with kit lens is going to fall in the $500-$600 range.

MY roommate picked up a 30D with a bunch of extra crap for well under $400.

Look for used cameras and not entry level. You'll end up with a better camera anyways.

buy a used Canon G10.

Village Idiot said:
MY roommate picked up a 30D with a bunch of extra crap for well under $400.

Look for used cameras and not entry level. You'll end up with a better camera anyways.

Great point. I personally don't like buying used, been screwed in the past, but if the OP is willing, more power to him. But this also illustrates why more research/information from the OP would be helpful.

Buy used Canon 30d. My friend bought it on eBay a few weeks ago.

thanks every1 :)

Yeah, a used 30D would be good. Used 40D if you can afford it.

Its Quiet obverse to that your intrusted in photography or you would not be on the forum I am just new here but I can tell you this after years and years of wanting to do photography myself and not been able to afford a SLR camera and only been able to buy camera's that were good for snap shots I did the same as your doing now running around in circles ending up confused so I sat down and thought about it I could afford to get a DSLR now but would I know how to operate it and take Great photos so I thought if I could get something that was recommended for somebody that was learning I could afford to take lessons and learn how to use so long last that is what I did. I set out on my research read reviews and even looked at youtube. My advice to you is this think good and hard what you want do you really want a camera at the price your talking about or is that because that is what you can afford right now ? Im not knocking at all I'm just asking if you really would rather a SLR why not hold off a little longer and save a little more and get what you really want to buy something just because that is all you can afford and I also would not be tempted to buy 2nd hand or if you do decide to go that way just stop and think why are they really selling it. If you really would like a SLR do some research on the Nikon D3100 that is where my running around in circles stopped after doing research I thought this was the best one for me but this is just my advice rethink what your thoughts are and why they are good luck happy researching

Most reactions

Back