Which Camera Strap?

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the R Strap, but I think I am going to make the DIY version.

I like the R Strap, but I think I am going to make the DIY version.
How is this version done? And are you the same person that has a tripod review on youtube because you have the same gear as him? thanks

Does the TPF strap still exist?

ThePhotoForum.com Op/Tech Straps

I have an optech strap (on my 30D) which I love.
Well if it's still available then i will purchase it but will it tell me if it's not so i don't end up just sending some cash haha

I dunno. I bought this strap at the local camera store before I knew there was a TPF version (for a bit less $$). Maybe one of the old-timers knows if it still exists.

Does the TPF strap still exist?

ThePhotoForum.com Op/Tech Straps

I have an optech strap (on my 30D) which I love.
Well if it's still available then i will purchase it but will it tell me if it's not so i don't end up just sending some cash haha

I dunno. I bought this strap at the local camera store before I knew there was a TPF version (for a bit less $$). Maybe one of the old-timers knows if it still exists.
Alright I'll check it out and how is the grip? Would you feel safe if it was just hanging on your shoulder? Thanks for answering my questions.

Alright I'll check it out and how is the grip? Would you feel safe if it was just hanging on your shoulder? Thanks for answering my questions.

I hang it on my shoulder with my Sigma 100-300mm f4 and TC (not a light combination) and feel totally secure. It is far more comfortable than the original Canon strap. I also like the fact that I can quickly unsnap the bulk of it from the camera when I want to put the camera on a tripod.

I ike the strap that came with my D700, didn't your D90 come with one???.

I like the strap that comes with modern Nikons, but I color over the yellow with a black marker. I hate that big bright yellow "steal me" logo.

For my older, smaller cameras, I prefer a smaller strap. I like the domke gripper

Ok so I'm trying to decide between these three straps:

SLR-CLASSIC: UPstrap

RS-4 R-Strap » BlackRapid.com

Pro & Pro Loop Strap | Demo Page

I am wondering which you think is best for the money and will not slip. Also if anyone here has any experience with one or more of these please let me know how it is personally for you. Thank you!

What do you want the strap for? I use the Black Rapids when I am shooting sports and drop the Standard straps off. When I am shooing portraits, landscapes general stuff I use a traditional strap. I have the Op/Tech strap for general use and love both type depending on what I am doing.

Most reactions

Back