Which digital camera?

twonderland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Would be best for concert. I know usually the only way you can have a camera when you remove lenses. You need a media pass.

As for a smaller camera which one would be the best?
I was looking at a cannon. : [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-G10-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B001G5ZTPY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1238815130&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: Canon Powershot G10 14.7MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom: Camera & Photo[/ame]
The only thing is.. When I was viewing the pictures posted it doesn't look like a great camera for getting pictures of people. Or am I wrong?

I'm just not sure which brand to go with. Normally I stay with cannon. I loved my camera but at the same time you could see the pixel in the pictures and that's annoying..

So what do you guys think?
Thank you.

No point-and-shoot camera is going to get you concert photos that are any good. Image stabilization only reduces camera shake, it doesn't freeze motion.

Sorry, SLRs are really the only way to go for this kind of thing.

Well I do tend to agree concert photography is a demanding style, and does work better with a dslr or slr. You really should check with the venue, as some venues dont care about camera's, some do. I got into a decent sized event fine with my d200.

SLRs are definitely the way to go but if you go to many, many shows that don't allow them, the G10 and a noiseware-type plugin are probably your best bets. The G10 doesn't do a half bad job for a P&S at high ISO and you can downsample to around a 6-7MP image and a lot of the noise will get lost in the downsize.

I'm not saying 'do it' but if you've no other choice, the G10 is probably your best bet.

Most reactions

Back