Which file types and crops of photos should you keep on hand?

Bulldogg629

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been working out my folder structure for organizing my photos and settled on one that works for me. $B09HSGw.jpg This works fine in the conceptual category because each set only has 1 unique photo and I can only ever see myself printing them at 8x10. But in other folders where a set has 50 photos and may need to be printed in several different sizes, this would mean I would need... the raw, the finished psd, cropped psd's (I could probably exclude this one) and cropped jpgs for each size I'll want to print, 7 or 8 versions of each photo. Which file versions would you guys consider essential to save?

I suppose it would be easiest to just have the raw, the finished psd and an uncropped jpg that I crop when I upload it to print. But I like to have my copyright signature in the bottom corner so I end back in photoshop and that's why I save cropped and stamped versions for each size. What I really need is a printer that lets me upload a photo and then auto prints my signature on it.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginationimagesofiowa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I keep only one file.... the original raw. I can create multiple aspect ratios within each file, but I only create them as needed.

Once I create a given aspect ratio, I save it as a JPEG, insert my watermark, and it's off to the lab with it.

Most reactions