Which Filter Should I Buy?

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am buying the 24-105 f/2.8L lens today from B & H and would like to buy a UV filter. I want a nice one. No sense in buying an L-series lens and putting something low quality in front of it. However, I don't want to just buy the most expensive one figuring THAT one must be best. Can anyone recommend one? Here is a link to the page that has the UV filters that will fit my new lens. Any help would be appreciated. I want to order today so I can have it in time for my daughter's birthday party this weekend. Thanks so much!!

77mm uv filter | B&H Photo Video

Just curious, why do you need the filter? The lens should already be UV coated.

First of all, I hope you won't be disappointed when you receive your lens and you realise it is a 24-105mm f4 and not f2.8!;)
As for the filter, I would buy from a known brand (Hoya, B+W, Formatt, Heliopan) and make sure the filter is multi-coated.

I'm not too careful with my lenses. I have two little kids and they often grab at my camera or knock me over, etc. I just like the protection. I know all of the pros and cons, I've read them all here, but I personally feel like my lens is better protected this way.

First of all, I hope you won't be disappointed when you receive your lens and you realise it is a 24-105mm f4 and not f2.8!;)
As for the filter, I would buy from a known brand (Hoya, B+W, Formatt, Heliopan) and make sure the filter is multi-coated.

Why would I receive a lens that I didn't order? I just sold my 24-105m f/4L on Craigslist TODAY and am using the money (plus some) to buy the 24-70m f/2.8L. Yes, I would be VERY disappointed if they sent me the wrong lens!

I had a B + W on my 24-105m and it was fine, just wondering if there was a big difference between the $94 B+W or the $115 Hasselblad. Thanks again.

Why would I receive a lens that I didn't order? I just sold my 24-105m f/4L on Craigslist TODAY and am using the money (plus some) to buy the 24-70m f/2.8L. Yes, I would be VERY disappointed if they sent me the wrong lens!

From your original post:;)

I am buying the 24-105 f/2.8L lens today from B & H

Now I understand better: the typo was in the focal length, not in the maximum aperture.

Gotcha.

I'm not too careful with my lenses. I have two little kids and they often grab at my camera or knock me over, etc. I just like the protection. I know all of the pros and cons, I've read them all here, but I personally feel like my lens is better protected this way.

From your original post:;)

I am buying the 24-105 f/2.8L lens today from B & H

Now I understand better: the typo was in the focal length, not in the maximum aperture.

AHHHH, you're right, I typed it wrong!!! 24-70m f/2.8 YES!! Sorry for the confusion. I've been emailing so many people of the last couple of days about the 24-105 that I am just on auto-type I guess. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back