Which is better?

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need your opinions. I can't decide which of these photos is better. I really like both for different reasons. At this point, I have only resized them so they were huge; I've done no PSing. Before I play with either, I wanted your opinions which was better.

Thanks for looking:

1)

IMG_3501.jpg

2) (NOTE: You can't really see it in this version, but there are several stars visible as well)

IMG_3503.jpg

I agree I love the second one much better.. There is MORE added depth with the trees there etc.... Great shot!

Depends on your audience. I have a hard time saying one image is 'better' than another. The first one looks like a National Geographic picture, the second is more personal, with more creativity than the first. So, here's your 'nonanswer,' just a reaction. Hope that it's helpful.

www.jefferyraymond.com

The second is absolutely fascinating in how clearly you can see the unlit part of the moon. That makes it a real wow-er. (Uh, what a word ;)). I think I therefore like the second better, even though the first looks "more correctly exposed"... but sometimes something very correct is not necessarily more effective ;).

I like them both. For me the second shot is amazing, but I like the first better. I cannot even give you a reason. Just a feel.

I love them both. The first one is simple and clear, which is really nice, and the 2nd is more detailed, I love the branches! (it would be better without the full moon's circle, though)
Awesome!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments.

I think for fun I might put the moon in the first shot into the second one and see how that works...to meet in the middle :)

If I really do it, I'll post the results (no matter how bad it turns out).

1st one,.... 2nd one.... wait, the first.... ah man... do we have to pick just one or can I say both? I like the clarity and simplicity in the first but I like how the second one puts me right there in the scene.... yup, both. sorry that didn't help!

Most reactions

Back