Which lens should I buy?

Dogukan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I will be buying a Nikon D90 but I can't decide which combination I should go with...

There is one that comes with a 18-200 Nikkor VR or
There is another one that comes with three lenses 18-105 Nikkor VR, 50mm 1.3F Nikkor, and a 70-300 Nikkor.

I care a lot about the resolution and quality of my images but at the same time I hate to carry more than a single lens at all times. The 70-300 doesn't have the VR function. I can always get the 50mm if I go with the first choice, its around $100 on ebay. Please help me out a little...

Thanks a lot...

If you are really not sure what to get, then I will say the kit lens that shipped with the D90 which is the 18-105mm. After you use it for a while you may know what else you want to get as well.

If you are a experience user, you may know what you want already.:sexywink:

50/1.3 Nikkor?? Are you sure is 1.3 as opposed to 1.4?

After many many months of debate, I eventually bought the 18-200 VR lens and just wish I hadn't delayed so long ! The reviews were very mixed, some excellent and some at the other end of the scale.

I had been using the 18-70 kit lens which came with my D70 and then used it on the D200 when I bought that. But the 18-200 is such a great range to have on the camera all the time and the VR is just excellent. I have sharp pictures now down to 1/20th.

Of course choice of lens depends on what you're shooting but for me the 18-200 is the dogs xxxxxxxxx. :D

Colin.

There is no 50mm f1.3 Nikkor. But I'd take the 18-200 vr. Good lens covering a lot of ground and that vr ain't cheap.

Pitty image quality and a single lens that covers the entire range don't go hand in hand. The 18-200 is not that bad, but the second option would definitely outperform the first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back