Which lens should I get?

crownroyal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got my t3i about 6 months ago, and I'm just now starting to feel comfortable with my 18-55mm 1.8 lens that came with the body. The zoom on this camera just isn't doing it for me. I'm looking for a better zoom lens. I do a lot of landscape, wildlife, and nature shots. But, I'm looking for a lens that is very well rounded. I've been doing tons of research and came across a couple lenses that seem suitable for me.

I've found all of these lenses used, and being sold locally.

The first lens I came across is the Sigma 50-200 4.0-5.6 DC IF SLD OS. This lens caught my attention due to its affordability. I've read many places that this is the "biggest bang for buck" lens.

The second lens I found is the Canon EF-s 55-255 4.5-5.6 IS.

The third lens, which is more expensive, is the EF 28-135 3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. I've heard great recommendations for this lens.

This is not a Beginner''s forum topic, per the Beginner's forum description. A link to the appropriate forum section is provided right in the description:

Photography Beginners' Forum
Don’t be shy. Use one of the forums in the - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique - section of TPF if you want C&C improvement tips on some of the photos you have taken. For equipment specific questions, use one of the forums in the Camera Forum section of TPF. Brushing up on some of the basics? The Beginner's forum is for asking basic technical photographic questions about things like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, metering modes, focusing modes.

Please read the forum descriptions to ensure you start a thread in the appropriate forum.

The thread has been moved to the Canon Lenses forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back