Which Lens to Buy??

well, I was actually speaking to cbay also...you know, the guy who started the thread?

also, why canon only glass? seems rather odd (if not ignorant, but i hate to say that) that you say that...

thebeginning said:
well, I was actually speaking to cbay also...you know, the guy who started the thread?

also, why canon only glass? seems rather odd (if not ignorant, but i hate to say that) that you say that...
I think cBay is in a position where Canon is the logical choice. He's working professionally doing shoots of events and sports. He owns several good items which are Canon already and has been happy with his 350, except for the frame rate and body size. The 30D would be a sensible upgrade for him, and Canon really do rule the market for AF, fps and sports photography at this point in time. It's never worth ruling out the opposition, but as someone who's used Canon previously and been happy, but wants to move up, I think he's probably going in the correct direction and that a swap to Nikon probably wouldn't be a great idea.

EDIT: you meant the lenses didn't you - sorry - should try thinking before I post. Sigma lenses are pretty impressive now, I would recommend many of them.

Rob

Yes, my Canon 30D is coming today :D

But yes I much prefer to stick with Canon products as I believe they are better. Plus best to buy the best. :) I think I'm going to play with my new camera when it comes with the lenses I got already then see how it goes and decide what additional lenses to purchase.

haha sorry for not clarifying that rob :)

about what I said, it's just good to keep your opinions open until you know exactly how other specific lenses perform. that way you don't judge them incorrectly. also, there are 'exotic' brands that aren't canon, but are incredible lenses, so you can't always say that canon is the best.

I think it's a good idea for you to play around with what you have first to help you find out. Have fun with the new cam! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back