Which of these two laptops would be good for photoshop ?

this is the one i was telling you guys about, but i kind of realized yeah i only have about 660 dollars and if i buy this i will be left with only 100 im going to be pretty much broke

its only 516 but na im a beginner i need some money left for the rest of my equipment i need everything !!!!! i wanted to start out with buying a laptop first but i will go for a cheaper one there at officemax maybe a refurbished since they have some awesome deals

heres the model number watch look it up

sony vaio vpc eb11fx-wi

Check out Dell's Home Outlet. Great prices on refurbs and scratch/dent all with full warranty:

Dell Outlet - Refurbished Computers - Refurbished Laptops - Refurbished PCs | Dell

get the i3. its a good deal. if you can squeeze out for an i5 or even a higher clocked i3, better even, curious you say you'd be broke if you had 100usd left, is that 'im broke for the month' or 'i cant buy anymore equipment for the month'. i will assume its the latter, if so, rather not compromise on what you can get due to the desire to buy the rest of your equipment this month. if you can get a better laptop. get it now dont worry about anything else - you dont want to regret a laptop purchase! - worry about a new lens or new gear for the coming month or the next pay check.

as for the whole debate about using a cracked photoshop. lets all be frank. if we had the choice of a freeware or using photoshop (cracked or not) you'd take the latter. there is no comparison even in the education department of things. rather take the cracked photoshop and learn, get used to it and live with it. later buy it when the new one comes out or when you can afford to (esp if you're a student the price drop is amazing!).

ill see because i really dont want to be left with 100 dollars in my pocket until the next paycheck plus i will be buying a desktop for heavy editing later on

about the operating system dont worry i will maybe downgrade to xp or get windows 7 so what you guys think which one ?

I have Media Centre XP on one and Windows 7 on my other one. Both work quite well. Windows Vista does indeed have a poor reputation.

skieur

ill see because i really dont want to be left with 100 dollars in my pocket until the next paycheck plus i will be buying a desktop for heavy editing later on

if you're not going to be in a financial fix and its more of a 'to buy list' set back, then dont worry about how much you'll have left. usually the money you set out to spend is money to be spent - i mean that is why you set it aside in the first place is it not? rather maximise what you can get with it. even if its a single purchase. dont compromise. but im sure you know it already...so i wont say anymore on this matter from now on.

curious, have you simply considered getting a desktop first and be done with it? the beauty of it is that no one component needs to remain in the case if you can afford a better one. i mean unless you want a laptop anyway, id skip it entirely.

100usd can nab you a 50mm 1.8 prime? we actually dont know what camera system you're on lol

well yeah ive thought about a desktop too, but i need a laptop and i dont have anyroom in room plus we have a desktop a slow one in the living room and soon we will be moving so yeah for now ill go for the laptop i will maybe get that hp pavilion with a intel core 2 duo 2.1ghz and 4gb ram for $ 440 dollars

C2D are all really great. they're underestimated these days cause of the newer tech. but for the most part all multi-core processors can hold you down for a long time without a need for an upgrade, years even, as they havent been maximised to their potential yet. also they are great for large scale multi-tasking...you'll be happy with it.

btw. what other gear you looking at getting?

HP :thumbdown:

I have had an HP desktop, my dad had an HP laptop. Both were complete piece of crap, and we wanted to throw them off the roof. Don't do Vista - it was released just to get it out for the holiday season (at least that's what the rumors are) and isn't as good as it should be. Get XP or 7.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! <----- Go here and look around. They have customer feedback on most everything they sell, and a lot of the people who write the reviews are hardcore computer geeks. They usually have pretty good deals too.

the next thing im looking to get after the laptop is a camera to start shooting possibly a Sony a330, what you guys think will the sony a330 do the job for wedding an events photography ? or do i need to look at the a500 and up ?

hmmmm id get the camera first actually lol for the most part any camera can be used. its the lens that will define your limitations in the actual wedding. not well versed in Sony, but im sure you can find good deals in the used market...

Most reactions

Back