Which one do you like better if any?

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some feedback. Do you like picture 1, 2, neither or both? I'd make a poll if I knew how to. C&C is appreciated.

Thanks

1.)
3449149784_e226e4b907_b.jpg

2.)

3449144180_80b9178b9b_b.jpg

#2 is strangely squeezed into an unnatural ratio. I can't tell if that's the site doing it, or if it was intentional.

I'm going to go on the assumption that the weird ratio of #2 was an accident somehow... I like #1 better, I think the color suits the shot better than the black and white treatment. I don't feel that there is enough tonal range and variation to make it a very interesting monochrome shot, whereas it stands out much better in color.

Personally, I like the color best. The black & white looks a little flat. The picture is good, but I think I would also like it zoomed out just a bit more so that you can see a little more of the water. That would allow a little more of the sun light in the shot too.

BTW . . . I went through Wausau over our spring break on our way to Plum City.

for this picture i think the b&w works, but how did you convert it to black and white? in camera or PP.. it seems very flat and doesn't have much contrast

Thank you all for your comments. I do agree that the B&W might be a little flat. These photos are cropped and then resized to 8x10's. I converted the B&W throught Photoshop.

Personally, I like the color best. The black & white looks a little flat. The picture is good, but I think I would also like it zoomed out just a bit more so that you can see a little more of the water. That would allow a little more of the sun light in the shot too.

BTW . . . I went through Wausau over our spring break on our way to Plum City.

Where the heck is Plum city?

Near the giant town of Ellsworth. Happen'in place! You ought to check it out! :lol:

Most reactions

Back