Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello every one
i'm planning for my 1st D-slr in the budget of 1500$
as long with lenses kit
and i am extreeeeeeeemely confused between those three great
cameras D90 , 500D T1i and D5000 :confused:
if any one can help i will be so grateful :D

also if any what is the best set of lenses?

Body wise I say the D90.

As for lenses it deppends on the body. As for the Nikon choice the D90 will allow you more choices (has the body motor drive). The D5000 can only use AF-I and AF-S lenses for AF.

The Canon T1i, don't know much about it.

What are your interests? What would you like to shoot?

Welcome to TPF

thanx man, that was fast :D
i m into landscapes more then any thing else but portraits also is very interesting
+ i picked those three cameras cuz they support video, shooting video with slr cam using pro lenses that's amazing

if you're buying a DSLR for its video functionality i think you'll be highly dissapointed.

as for your question, i can only answer between the D90 and D5000. If you're going to be using video a lot (which i'm guessing you won't when you see the results) then the D5000 would be the best choice. however, the D90 is closer to professional grade than the D5000.

also if any what is the best set of lenses?

There's no "set" persay. But any lenses you get offered with a D90 kit are you going to be a bit sub-par if you are looking to have the sharpest, best quality images possible. The sharper lenses tend to sport 2.8 apertures, but these lenses often run into the 1000-2000 dollar range. A nice lens to get you started on a d90 would be the 50mm 1.8. It's super cheap and your camera will support the non "G" version which is literally 100 bucks.

Unfortunately the only lenses that match the image quality and aperture value of that lens are all 1000+ so it all depends how serious you are..

Last edited:
get canon T1i. rolling shutter artifact is minimal. meaning you can pan fast w/o the picture looking like crap. i think this is one of the reason why nikon is still in-the-making for their 1080p(D400?) bc there will not be any competition for the canon 5dII.

50mm canon 1.8 is a start. just dont get the 18-55mm kit lens.

if you're serious about video, check out Panasonic GH1 DSLR w/ full manual control.

Having the D90, If you want this for video, I wouldn't make any still camera a video choice.

It's "nice to have" for those spontaneous moments. But nothing I would base the camera off of.

The 50mm f/1.8 is a wonderful lens on this body. I am in the process of replacing all of my f/3.5 and 4.5 lenses with f/2.8 lenses. I have chosen the Tamron lenses to do this with. I simply can't afford the Nikkor lenses to do it with.

The Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 is about the same cost as my 70-300 VR Nikkor. The Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 is about the same cost as my Nikkor 16-85 VR.

While I am loosing the VR, I find I shoot more without it than with it. So why pay for it. When I do need it, the extra speed of the new lenses will make up for it.

Everything I have seen, I wouldn't buy a body with Kit lens. You can get so much better results with different lenses.

-I kid you not. Although there are limitation for these first generation DSLR video, ppl are satisfied w/ the product and its features, especially w/ the stunning picture you can get. Rumor has it, from TVguide source, that 5dII will be used on the new Iron Man II project. Google it. There is a huge support for these video market. The most anticipated talk at the NAB 2009 was about the Canon 5DII.

-yeah entry-level DSLR just kinda get the short-end of the stick.
Having the D90, If you want this for video, I wouldn't make any still camera a video choice.

Everything I have seen, I wouldn't buy a body with Kit lens. You can get so much better results with different lenses.

itznfb not at all but i thought its good to have that feature i can consider any other camera if its better, so what do u mean by "D90 is closer to professional grade" thats its got more features or more quality ?

adamwilliamking i cannot say im too serious about it im a beginner, may be the write question will be which is better to cover portraits and landscape perpoeses
1-Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED

2- Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Autofocus Lens + Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S VR .

3- Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Autofocus Lens + Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.

or any other suggestions ? :)

Last edited:
in terms of image quality, the D5000 and D90 should be equal. build quality should be about the same. but i'm not too sure on the flip screen on the 5000, could be flimsy. plus its smaller. but the D90 has things like better auto focusing system as well as an internal motor; better, bigger viewfinder; DOF control; plus front apature dial and rear shutter dial. having both dials is critical when shooting manual. to me anyway.

TVguide source, that 5dII will be used on the new Iron Man II project. Google it. There is a huge support for these video market.

The 5D mark has already been used in a few movies but you can't compare the video function in the 5D to the Nikon series or even the T1i.

Its also has never been used unless to capture a certain type of action sequence that requires about 20 - 5D M2's supported across a suspended thing that kind of looks like a giant boom pole.

Of course there are other projects but Iron Man is 150mil+ budget. thats a magnitude task that these DSLR are taking on.

yes I am aware of the difference bt the sensor and resolution bt the two level, but what I am emphasizing on the software that canon developed to create the video, much different than nikon. nikon still have the rolling shutter or bad aliasing much worst than canon, not that other CMOS camcorder doesnt suffer from it. therefore you're arent goin to expect any less from the 500d when shooting at the same frame rate.
[
The 5D mark has already been used in a few movies but you can't compare the video function in the 5D to the Nikon series or even the T1i.

Its also has never been used unless to capture a certain type of action sequence that requires about 20 - 5D M2's supported across a suspended thing that kind of looks like a giant boom pole.

The other movie was Jumper. Not exactly a small budget film.
You're still ignoring the fact that its not being used like a regular camcorder in these big budget films.

thanx every one for the valuable information's
the canon 5d mark II is great camera if i can effort it but i cant so i think i will go for
the D90 but im not sure about the lenses kits its very hard to decide. the variety of prices and features is too much i need something to start with then later on i can find out what im really into.
p.s
when i was searching on the web on related topics i found some people talking about changing from Nikon to canon since they was disappointed with there Nikon's cameras for example D300 cameras.

Last edited:
Both Nikon and Canon make equally good cameras. I suggest looking at the complete lens line up. Think about what you may be interested in shooting, research the lenses you may want to use, then look at each systems lens offerings and prices.

Example, I went Canon because I enjoy using supertelephoto lenses like my 600 f/4 IS.

If you like wide zooms, Nikon wins. Its up to you and your requirements.

Most reactions

Back