What's new

which one would you use?

ewick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
74
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was second shooting a wedding and my task was to put my 50 best shots into a slide show. Mainly for critique by the wedding photographer. So I got all my shots done but undecided about which image I want to use as my first photo for the slide show. Which ever I use it will not have my water mark fyi. I try to give as much positive feed back on here as i possibly can, so I hope I get some in return. Thanks in advanced.



8108639721_7387a6af94_z.jpg
[/URL] wedding cover by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]
8108861215_7fceda08cf_z.jpg
[/URL] weddingcover by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Are they both going in the sideshow? If so then I'd say the 2nd should lead off. If its a choice where one is in and the other is not then I'd use the 1st. The 1st to me is a better photo but with slide shows, IMO, there should be a sort of continuity to the shots. Plus I wouldn't lead a slide show with your best shot (not that this is the best necessarily) I'd think you'd want to build to a crescendo with the next always being better than the last, unless they're all awesome then good for you.
 
Are they both going in the sideshow? If so then I'd say the 2nd should lead off. If its a choice where one is in and the other is not then I'd use the 1st. The 1st to me is a better photo but with slide shows, IMO, there should be a sort of continuity to the shots. Plus I wouldn't lead a slide show with your best shot (not that this is the best necessarily) I'd think you'd want to build to a crescendo with the next always being better than the last, unless they're all awesome then good for you.


Lol, I wish all of them were extremely awesome but the reality is the best ones are the ones of the bride and groom. I hear you when you say i should not lead off with my best shot. This imo is the best two shots to lead off with. (not that its needed) but I feel like these two set the tone for the slide of the wedding. I'm going about it as if I was presenting this to a complete stranger.
 
The first of them, of course. It has the bride and groom.
 
It depends on what the wedding photog is looking for. The second is much stronger as a composition, imo, so if he/she is looking for a few solid photos to add to the standard set, that one might fit. On the other hand, if the idea is to produce more "people" shots, the first would be better. If you do use the first, I'd darken the light areas to the right of the couple.
 
It depends on what the wedding photog is looking for. The second is much stronger as a composition, imo, so if he/she is looking for a few solid photos to add to the standard set, that one might fit. On the other hand, if the idea is to produce more "people" shots, the first would be better. If you do use the first, I'd darken the light areas to the right of the couple.

Well, he didn't really say. I was told to put together a 50 shot slide show and turn it to him. I'm assuming it's for him to rate me. In my slide I have included a few shots of everything. Some of details, some of bride, some of the groom (getting ready photos) the dress, stuff like that. I have assisted him on a bunch of weddings and he said he would like to know if I'm ready to second shoot for pay. Hoping I am good enough.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom