thomasthomas
TPF Noob!
Hi!
I'm a new member in this forum and I can't decide which camera would be the best for me:
Nikon D3000 KIT (with an 18-55mm DX VR objective)
Olympus E-520 KIT (with an ED 14-42mm and an 40-150mm objective)
Canon EOS D1000 (with an 18-55mm objective)
Unfortunately I haven't had any DSRL machines, so I'm a bit skeptic which one would be the best buy.
Considering the usage of the camera, I usually take pictures of nature and because I'm a train photographer (that I have pursued as a hobby for years) I'd never use their macro functions. In addition, the image noise concerns me up to ISO 800, so I don't care what the camera produces when ISO 1600,3200 or more are used.
If someone has experiencies at least two of them, I would be grateful if he/she helped me.
Despite the fact I've read some tests of these cameras, I'm still skeptic.
Until now the second one seems to be the best (especially for the second objective), however, you know, it hasn't been produced for months, I should buy it second-hand.
Thanks in advance
Tom
I'm a new member in this forum and I can't decide which camera would be the best for me:
Nikon D3000 KIT (with an 18-55mm DX VR objective)
Olympus E-520 KIT (with an ED 14-42mm and an 40-150mm objective)
Canon EOS D1000 (with an 18-55mm objective)
Unfortunately I haven't had any DSRL machines, so I'm a bit skeptic which one would be the best buy.
Considering the usage of the camera, I usually take pictures of nature and because I'm a train photographer (that I have pursued as a hobby for years) I'd never use their macro functions. In addition, the image noise concerns me up to ISO 800, so I don't care what the camera produces when ISO 1600,3200 or more are used.
If someone has experiencies at least two of them, I would be grateful if he/she helped me.
Despite the fact I've read some tests of these cameras, I'm still skeptic.
Until now the second one seems to be the best (especially for the second objective), however, you know, it hasn't been produced for months, I should buy it second-hand.
Thanks in advance
Tom
Last edited: