Which ones are better looking regarding to color scheme?

More Saturated vs Less Saturated?

• 1st Set (More Saturated)

• 2nd Set(Less Saturated)

Results are only viewable after voting.

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.cornerstoneimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have not been commenting or posting much here for a while, only because I have not shot much. Recently I shot some portraits of a friend. I found I am inclined to use lightroom preset to make the photos saturated a little more after processing them the first time. I like the saturated set (1st set) more than the not so saturated set (2nd) set. What do you guys think? I understand it's personal preference regarding to the color scheme. But I want to make sure that the more saturated photos are not outrageously too much and the skin looks looks normal.

Thanks!

Julian

More saturated set (1st set)
untitled-1.jpg

untitled-12.jpg

untitled-26.jpg

untitled-46.jpg

Less saturated set (2nd set)

untitled-1.jpg

untitled-8.jpg

untitled-14.jpg

untitled-27.jpg

I like the more natural skin tones in the 2nd set. Pic #2 is wonderful.

SquarePeg said:
I like the more natural skin tones in the 2nd set. Pic #2 is wonderful.

I cast my vote for the less-saturated set.

First, the technical stuff in general is quite well done.
but I think several of these are overexposed and quite blue in tint
I don't know what the color of her shirt is but it does look very bright, pulling my eye from her face and what seems like her gorgeous skin tone is washed out.

upload_2016-3-29_20-39-34.png

Same with this.Her head is bumping the top and the left side is empty - and I would expect the end post to be straight up and down.
I think this would have been a commanding image shot in portrait mode.

When the clothes are lighter and brighter than the skin, it is a difficult issue to keep the viewers' eyes on the face.
I suggest you use a colochecker passport to set your tones.

In general nice, just a few things that struck me.

upload_2016-3-29_20-40-45.png

Unsaturated for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First, the technical stuff in general is quite well done.
but I think several of these are overexposed and quite blue in tint
I don't know what the color of her shirt is but it does look very bright, pulling my eye from her face and what seems like her gorgeous skin tone is washed out.

View attachment 118596

Same with this.Her head is bumping the top and the left side is empty - and I would expect the end post to be straight up and down.
I think this would have been a commanding image shot in portrait mode.

When the clothes are lighter and brighter than the skin, it is a difficult issue to keep the viewers' eyes on the face.
I suggest you use a colochecker passport to set your tones.

In general nice, just a few things that struck me.

View attachment 118597
Thanks for pointing out the post is not straight, I did not notice that. As overexposure, I tend to like slightly bright picture, but yes, i should have tone down the white shirt. Anyway, I appreciate your comments, very constructive advice!

The less saturated is better, but the tint is off (wp?) And still a little over saturated.

Personally I prefer the unsaturated as well. I actually like the skin tones in the original, but being Scottish I'm more used to skin tones on the pale side

Personally, I prefer the less saturated. Suggestion - tweak the highlights down a bit on the first two - that'll take the white and pink shirts down a bit and not pull the eyes away from her face so much.

I really love photo number two! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back