Which Photo do you prefer?

Ashlorraine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone :)

I photographed my friend the other day, and decided to do some post editing. What do you think of it...should I just stick to the original? You could also add any advice to help me improve the photo or your overall opinion. Thanks!

Photo #1 (original)

4748514420_31cf11d46f.jpg

Photo #2 (edited)

4747866579_ff347d5c8f.jpg

Also, I like this photograph but im wondering if me cutting her arm off wrecked it... ):

photo #3

4770406595_5f344d599a.jpg

Hi :D

They're not bad at all. Being critical about it, my preference is for the original first shot. It just seems warmer. The second one looks (to me) like some apocalyptic event happened just behind her. I'm not so sure about the pole either as it cuts the photo in half.

For the last photo, I'm not a big fan of sepia, and the sun looked a bit strong judging by the shadows on the one side of her face and her right arm. I agree that having her arm in shot would have been better, and there's a lot of empty space above her too. Nice pose though :D

I dont like the hands position and the flying hair annoys me in no1. That being said i think it's a nice shot overall and nice background. Also the original one is much better than the edited.

I agree original one is much better than remaining two , specially when you have posted original other don't look much good to me. :thumbup: other wise nice effort

The crop is better, but it is too tight.

Original, or a crop like victorlycn (but perhaps not so tight on her left arm), strikes me as a much more interesting image that the edit.

I like the angle of the next image, but as you say, a different composition would have added to things (getting the arm, but also filling the frame with her torso.

Great job!

Peter
--
Tallahassee Photographer

I like the original version best.
And the last one has an interesting perspective, nicely done.

On the second photo, there is a way of making her stand out in color with the background in black and white, without losing her skin tone.

You can cut her body and the pole into a layer in Photoshop, and do the necessary fiddling to make the rest of the image black and white. Then manipulate the 'woman' layer on top of the black and white. Bonus is that the pole is gray, so I think that would look really cool.

I like the third one. I don't really think cutting her arm off wrecked it, to me it has more of an artistic flair.

The pole down the middle of the first photo is not the best way to compose. Also, it should be vertical. Lots of wasted space on the sides....

To begin with, good job in desaturating the background, or whatever you did, although I prefer the original myself. I like the 3rd, too.

I was wondering, do you have shots of the entire model?;)

Hey everyone thanks SO much for the feedback! very helpful

Ya, usually I am not ok with having my photos edited...but in this case I am giving permission to anyone who thinks they can help me do a good job cropping/editing the photo to improve it

Here is my try....is this better? I was going to crop it into more of a rectangle & to have her more to the right 1/3 but that would cut her elbows off. For some reason I always try to avoid boxy crops since usually photos are rectangular. I think the best way to improve this photo would have been to retake the photo a little further away? Look to the beginning of this post for the original photo I am cropping from. Thanks again for the help!

4772384076_1e7e8ee2a2.jpg

Hey everyone thanks SO much for the feedback! very helpful

Ya, usually I am not ok with having my photos edited...but in this case I am giving permission to anyone who thinks they can help me do a good job cropping/editing the photo to improve it

Here is my try....is this better? I was going to crop it into more of a rectangle & to have her more to the right 1/3 but that would cut her elbows off. For some reason I always try to avoid boxy crops since usually photos are rectangular. I think the best way to improve this photo would have been to retake the photo a little further away? Look to the beginning of this post for the original photo I am cropping from. Thanks again for the help!

4772384076_1e7e8ee2a2.jpg

The pole detracts from the composition, no matter how you edit it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back