annief0906
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 26, 2009
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty new around here...mostly just lurking and reading. But now I have a question. We have a Nikon D60 and for my birthday, my husband wants to get me a portrait lens. I had been eyeing the 50mm 1.8/f Nikkor lens. He has been talking to someone we know who works at a local camera shop and she suggested the 35mm 1.8g Nikkor lens. She's relatively new on the job and works on commission, so I'm not sure I completely trust her opinion. (the 35mm is about $75-$100 more than the 50mm)
Here's my goal: really good photojournalistic shots of my kids...the ones that have a lot of depth of focus/blurry backgrounds...you know what I mean. I want to fire my photographer, lol.
Which would you go with? I am just afraid the 35mm is too much for me, but I am not sure.
Thanks for any advice!
Here's my goal: really good photojournalistic shots of my kids...the ones that have a lot of depth of focus/blurry backgrounds...you know what I mean. I want to fire my photographer, lol.
Which would you go with? I am just afraid the 35mm is too much for me, but I am not sure.
Thanks for any advice!
