Which printer do i need?

selo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been doing research online and talked to sellers but since they are just selling the stuff, it doesn't look like they really understand my needs. So I was hoping someone on this forum could help me out.

I have a photostudio where we produce photobooks for each photo session. Also for all our weddings we give photobooks. At the moment i am outsourcing this process. Which costs me a lot. So to save cost and to be more flexible, I would like to print my own.

The Lab i use, is printing on Fujifilm paper and i think they use Durst Theta 76. However this printer is too expensive for us.

What we want form a printer is too produce panorama prints (since we make layflat albums) and at low cost. But the print quality is important. We will probably print 3/4 times a week.

I have been looking into dye sub (DNP 820a) but I am not sure if the quality will be good. I also have been for inkjet, for example Fujifilm DX100, i was wondering if someone has experience with this printer?

For large format prints, up to 24 inch. We will buy the Canon Pro2000. Or shouldn't we?

As you can tell i am very open for suggestions and would like to make the right choice. This step is to be more flexible and safe costs, but also to be creative with new products.

The photobooks we produce are 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12 inch. So we basically need to print 6x12, 8x16 and 12x24 inch.

Help? :)

Most reactions

Back